It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's progress

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Ali's progress

Postby Alrischa » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi, all. I'm a newie, but I'm not technically starting my weight loss just yet. First I'm going to have this baby, in about a month's time!

I decided to teach myself some good habits, though, so I'm going to exercise a little each day, record my calories, and try not to gain too much more weight in these next weeks. And I'll make it a habit to update my little Post here! If I give up, people will know... might keep me more accountable.

It's our first bub, so if anyone has any experience/advice about post-birth weight loss or exercising, please let me know.

Of course, I was overweight before this pregnancy. I started off at 97.9 (when I was 5 weeks pregnant) and now I'm 106.6kg. My goal weight is 75 kilos, which is in the upper end of my ideal range (61-77). Last time I was near that (after going to Weight Watchers and getting to 78kg) I felt great!

I've been to Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers. Both times I lost about 10kg, and then gained it back with extra. So maintenance is a problem for me... sigh.

I'm old enough to have better self-control now! No excuses.

WEIGHT TO LOSE: 31.6kg. :oops:

~ Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

gday al welcome to the forum :) first baby wow! that was me 16 months ago :) if you need any advice just sing out whether its weightloss related or not. i was always a chubby girl and was 81kg when i fell pregnant. i didnt put on too much whilst pregnant but once heidi had arrived thats when i stuffed my face with crap basically. being a stay at home mum and being pretty busy with a new baby. i think these last couple of weeks will give you a chance to make lots of healthy meals you can freeze. these will come in handy!!! i drank lots of water from that start of my pregnancy onwards. so make sure you do as it is good for the baby to replenish the amniotic fluid and it is good for yourself as well. take it easy and dont do anything to strenuous until after your 6 week check up after the baby has arrived. you will need to have a nutritious diet after the baby is born if you are breastfeeding. and make sure you have started to do your pelvic floor exercises now :)

best wishes and i am looking forward to hearing about the birth of the baby :)

Postby KimE » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:02 am

Hello Alrischa and welcome aboard.

All the best for the upcoming birth of your first child. I don't have any children so am no help here but there are plenty of experienced mums on the forum who will have wonderful advice as Kate has shown.

I wish you every success on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi Alrischa and welcome to the forum! What an exciting time of life for you! You've done failrly well not to put on obscene amounts of weight during the pregnancy and if you get stuck into the good habits now you will be in good stead to lose it after the birth! Good luck with it al!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Congrat's on having a baby, you are going have to let us know when you have it. I'm a mum of 2, being a mum is very special it will a wonderful experience for you. hope everything goes to plan, with the labour & welcome aboard.

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good on you for thinking about your weightloss journey and putting a healthier lifestyle into place now.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions