It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Starting Out Again!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting Out Again!!

Postby Kathryn W » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi Everyone!!

This is the first time that I have visited this website but have found that it looks like a great website to get me motivated!
I am 25 and live in Melbourne. I have been on many programs and have finally decided that I really need to get myself motivated and get organised. I need people out there to help me!! :lol:

Any advice from people to help me stay motivated would be greatly appreciated. Also how do I get my weight chart to stay down the bottom? Very frustrating that I cán't work it out lol!!

Hope to hear from people soon.

Have a great weekend!

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
Kathryn W

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Kathryn and welcome to our wondeful forum.

I think getting organised and planning ahead is a really big key to losing weight and maintaining that weightloss. If you're not organised and don't plan, you're almost certain to fall back into old habits (like grabbing fast food on the way home if the cupboards are bare).

And as for motivation, well, I'd have to say losing weight is a fantastic motivator, and watching out for changes in your body and improvements in your fitness. Maybe last month you huffed and puffed yourself on a 20 minute walk. This month you're doing 30 minutes without the huffing and maybe just a little puffing.

Setting small goals is also easier for the mind to deal with, rather than one great big goal. Break it down into small, achievable steps.

All the best for your weightloss journey. I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:11 pm

Welcome Kathryn,
you certainly sounds like you're enthusiastic and look forward to hearing success stories from you!

I'm new here too and live in Melbourne. i'm not one to advise anyone yet as i'm learning and plugging away at it myself!

Welcome to the forum too and all the best and hope to hear about your success stroies.
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:12 pm

HI kathryn welcome to the group. my name is katharine :) but everyone calls me kate. it looks like you have your weightloss ticker worked out now judging by the bottom of the post. if you have any problems using the forum just give us all a yell or head to the forum help section :)

as sandra has already mentioned, planning is pretty important whilst losing weight. i dont necessarily plan my meals. but i have to plan my exercise otherwise it goes on the back burner. we have food and exercises diaries you can add to each day if you like, it will help hold you accountable and you can also see what other people are doing to lose weight.

perhaps make a list of the reasons why you want to lose weight and what you want to achieve. for instance one of my goals was to be able to have a bath and fit comfortably in the bath tub :P or not to have my thighs rub together much when i am moving :) small things like that but they will make the world of difference to you once you lose some weight.

feel free to browse around the forum to get to know other members who have lost weight and to gain some inspiration from them. the before and after section is wonderful as is the personal progress and the inspiration :)

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Hello Kathryn and welcome to the forum.

Feel free to join in wherever you are comfy. We have challenges and diaries along with motivational before and after pics to check out.

All the best for you journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:11 pm

welcome aboard. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Return to Introductions