It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Free Newsletter

An Introduction to Moi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

An Introduction to Moi

Postby ` C e l e s t e » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Well, first of all I should start out with a big hello and good luck to everyone and their goals. ^_^

I found this site by looking at Google and trying to find some tricks to dieting. I was very lucky to find this instead.

Anyway, a little about myself. I am 20 years old and I live in Newcastle, NSW. I'm doing a Bachelor of Psychology at University and work in Child Care.

About 4 years ago, I lost a large ammount of weight. At that point I went from about 90kg down to 60kg and I was very happy with myself (even though I could have done with losing another 5-10kg!). I was so caught up in my happiness that I didn't see the drama coming. At that time I was in high school, I had a boyfriend and a group of really close friends. I'd always had problems losing weight so my parents and I saved some money and I enrolled in the SureSlim program. I was more than happy with the results.
Of course, after that, my boyfriend starting abusing me and when I left him, my friends decided to leave me too.

I have struggled with depression my whole life but that really tipped the scale for me. First I started undoing all my hard work by hiding at home and eating whatever I could find. Then I started taking anti-depressants and try as I might, I still failed to lose weight and instead gained.

I grew back to a very large 95kg (I'm only 5'2") but I still felt ok with myself. It wasn't until a fortnight ago, when I was knocked back for a job (they said they were concerned for my health which we all know is just a kind, indiscriminatory way of saying 'You're too fat'), that I really started to do something about my weight. It was a combination of the job knock-back and the fact that there are no clothes for overweight teens. I had recently been clothes shopping for Winter and at the end of an upsetting and exhausting day, I came home with nothing.

So for the past week or so I have been back on my old SureSlim diet and I exercise twice a day. I'm only at the beginning but I can already feel the sun on the horizon. I'm hoping I can gain some great motivation to keep on dieting and exercising. ^_^
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2CKE0n/]
[/url]
` C e l e s t e

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:23 pm

hi there celeste wow we have a few things in common. i am on the outskirts of newcastle myself and i have a diploma in child care :) i am currently a stay at home mum though and not looking to return to the workforce for awhile yet.

it sounds like you have had a rough ride in the past, however now is the time that you have had your light bulb moment :idea: and you can work hard to shed that weight again. dont let your ex and your old friends hold you back from being who you want to be.

best wishes and feel free to join in any of the discussions on the forum :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Celeste, welcome to our forum where you'll find a whole bunch of new and very helpful and non-judgemental friends. I wish you well on your weightloss journey and look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dee » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Celeste and WELCOME!!

Please sing out if we can do anything to help you on your way...
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Good on you for sharing your story with us Celeste. You CAN do this - you've done it before! Best of luck and welcome to the forum!
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi Celeste and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have done it once, so I am sure you can do it again. It's hard if you are depressed to get up and do something, but it actually helps your moods if you do (which I'm sure you would know given your studies :wink: ), so good on you for giving it a red hot go!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ` C e l e s t e » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 pm

Thankyou for the support everyone! It's really very encouraging, and alot better than the sniggers I hear when I walk into the gym. ^_~
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2CKE0n/]
[/url]
` C e l e s t e

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Hey celest I've just moved to Newy a 1 & 1/2 weeks ago. Thankyou for sharing your story, you have lost the weight before you can do it again, good luck with your weight loss journey.
Chelle

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:18 pm

Welcome aboard - the more the merrier I say :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm

Hello Celeste and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing some of your life story with us, it is appreciated. Well done on your loss to date. With patience and tenacity you will make it to your goal. Also with having lost 30 kgs before you know you can do it again.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Alrischa » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:52 pm

Ack! I hate shopping for clothes! When I was young and skinny I couldn't afford anything, and as soon as I started earning some money I was too fat!

Sounds like you're off to a good start in spite of your troubles. It's hard to lose weight on antidepressants, as you've probably noticed... but far from impossible. I wish you the best, as everyone else, so keep us informed of your progress Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:50 am

Welcome to the forum Celeste. Well done for making the first step and getting started with your diet and excercise! Don't worry about the other people at the gym, just do your own thing and have fun :) The only sniggers I've ever heard at my gym have been directed at a particular girl who is completely anorexic looking... she looks exactly like a skeleton, and spends her entire workout fixated on the calorie counter on the machine :shock:
SarahC

Postby zoeh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 am

welcome to the forum! this place is fantastic, it gives me so much inspiration.

I am on Sure Slim too!! Only been on for 5 days... but it is great to hear someone else on it and their experiences, especially that you have had good experiences on it in the past.

Love to hear your updates on how you are going

SarahC - I see a few people at my gym who look like they are anorexic and its really bad. One of them was in my cycle class and she had this smell I will never forget it.

There is another one who in the aerobics class stands there with this stern look on her face as though she could kill someone its scary and just stares at herself with her arms folded over her stomach and she is sooooo tiny. I feel like going up to her and saying something but I know I shouldn't.
zoeh

Postby BubbleButt » Wed May 16, 2007 8:22 am

Welcome to the forum! I only joined up on Sunday myself and it's fantastic. These lovely people on here are wonderful and the support they show is amazing!

Well done on losing the weight earlier. I so know how depression can bugger you up, but I know you'll be able to lose the weight again.

Good luck on your journey and I look forward to getting to know you.

:mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Return to Introductions