It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 am

Free Newsletter

Hello all !

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello all !

Postby bundy-mum » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi. I've been reading this forum as a guest for the last few weeks and loved it, so I've finally decided to jump in and say hi. I need to lose at least 50 kg's but am just working up the right mindset to do so. You have all been an inspiration to me.... Okay, I have just got the incentive. Went to Australia Zoo and have just seen the photo's. We were able to feed the elephants and my hubby took a photo of me (get where I'm going !?) and OMG talk about the elephant feeding the elephant ! I can imagine what others were thinking and it breaks my heart (tears flowing) I am sick of being fat, fat, fat. Tomorrow is the 1st of May so I am making it the first day of my long journey of weight loss. I have 3 beautiful kids and I need to be there for them. Anyway, enough for now. I look forward to talking to you all over the coming months.

I also want to say a big thanks to the contributors for all the support you give everybody and anybody who writes, eventhough it's not meant for me, it still lifts me knowing how much people care for others even though they don't know them.
bundy-mum

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:43 pm

OMG talk about the elephant feeding the elephant !

Awwww hun! No, no no! You are not an elephant. You are a woman, a mother, a wife but not an elephant! You are brave for taking the first step to losing weight, because man it can be really daunting. Please dont cry either, today is Day 1, and before you know it you will be losing weight and feeling fab. (Maybe next time you go to the zoo you can get a pic with the beautiful peacock if you know where Im going?? :D) Welcome to the forums :) Cant wait to get to know you! xxx
Vegetable

Postby Chelle » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:50 pm

Hey Bundy mum, feel free to go in the may challenge that will be comming up soon. Australia Zoo must of been great I can't wait to go there, your children must of had a ball. How old are your children?? I have two boys Joshua 4 & Braydon 2. Glad that you decided to join all the people on this forum are very supportive & have lot's of helpfull not to mention insiping information that can help you with your weightloss journey. Just think all that is in the past & tomorrow is the start to a better & healthier future Goodluck
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 am

welcome bundy mum. it had taken you a couple of weeks to join?! it took me a couple of days haha. it truly is a wonderful place for support. its nice to have the support of your own family of course however sometimes they dont understand the ups and downs as well as other people who have been through it all too.

as for australia zoo (i love the place!) sometimes it takes things like photos to wake us up from dreamland and what we think is fine really isnt good at all. im sure once you lose the weight you will look back on the photos and be thankful for them!! best wishes and sing out if you anything!
kate_turner2000

Postby Maraver » Tue May 01, 2007 8:54 am

hello and welcome yes its the first of May and I am starting again
yes the third time this week
let me be your buddy and we can do this together
Pam

btw I collect elephants

Let us know how your first day goes
don't forget we are waiting
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby SarahC » Tue May 01, 2007 9:58 am

Welcome Bundy Mum! Day one today - how fantastic :D

I agree... you are definitely NOT an elephant! You are not fat either. Fat is icky yellow greasy stuff.... how can you be that?? You are a wonderful human being who is temporarily carrying more body fat than you desire :wink:

Best wishes for your journey!
SarahC

Postby funkyleo » Tue May 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi bundy mum. I'm new here myself and I need to lose about the same as you. And no, your not an elephant as other people have said. You are a beautiful woman ( now I just need to believe this of myself). It's funny how we can be encouraging for others and yet so hard on ourself. It's very hard but I know you can do it. Keep us posted :D
I'm not fat, I'm just very fluffy :)
SW-115kg
CW-107.6kg
GW-75kg
funkyleo

Postby Fairie » Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Welcome Bundymum, this is a great place and we all have our journey's. (mine is a long one too)

I too had my wake - up call with a photo and it was horrible, with baby steps we will do this together. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby KimE » Tue May 01, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi Bundy-Mum and welcome aboard.

Photos sure can be a wake up call. That was what made me finally do something about my weight as well as feeling very unhealthy. Well done for taking that first step and making the choice.

All the best on your journey, look forward to sharing it with you. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milkyway » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Bundy Mum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support, encouragement and advice here. Good on you for taking those first few difficult steps. It will all get easier :) I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 02, 2007 11:39 am

Welcome aboard! I am off to Australia Zoo in October and I cannot wait! Looking forward to getting to know you!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Bundy mum and welcome! Good for you for making a start! I'm sure that step by step you will make all kinds of fantastic positive changed to your self, your life and your future with your family! Look forward to sharing it with you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby bundy-mum » Wed May 02, 2007 9:18 pm

Thanks for the great welcome guys. Appreciate all that was said. 2 days in and all's going well and am positive it will keep going. :D
bundy-mum

Return to Introductions