It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello, it is lovely to meet you all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello, it is lovely to meet you all

Postby prettyinpink » Sat May 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi there, I have been lurking around corners for some time now and finally tonight I decided to bite the bullet and register.

So Hello everyone, my name is Netta and I am apparently a comfort eater who is ready to shed some fat. My story is a common one I think, I lost a family member just under 2 years ago and since then I have munched my way through misery. I was already overweight when Josh died but since then it has been one step forward and three back but I know he would not want me to be like this so now I am ready to transform this old body into a sleek machine my son would be proud of. 8)

I work fulltime and one of the things people did after we lost Josh was buy coffee and toast ( everyone always thinks they have to feed you when they don't know what else to do :? ), so yes that has to stop. I recognise that as one of my biggest downfalls over the last 2 years. Hopefully I can break this cycle and make a new start, I look forward to help when I need that little push along the way. :wink:

I hope to get to know you all as time goes on. :D
prettyinpink

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:52 pm

hey there netta welcome to the group :) i am really sorry to hear of your loss. it is hard and it does impact on our lives in all areas when we are grieving. as you said, josh would want you to be healthy and live a long a fulfilling life. you have come to a great forum for support and inspiration as im sure you have seen whilst browsing about. if you have any questions and/or input feel free to post when and where you like. best wishes, you can lose the weight :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat May 05, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Netta and welcome aboard.

I have only lost one dear friend in my life and no family member so I cannot say I know what you are going through but my heart goes out to you all the same. Using your memory of Josh as a way to push yourself on to better things for your health and life is a wonderful way to honour his memory so good on you for taking that step.

We are here for support and motivation as you need it.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby prettyinpink » Sun May 06, 2007 9:29 am

Thank you for your replies and support kate_turner2000 and KimE . I have tried to lose weight so many times but I know it is now or never and somehow I think the time is right for me.

Day one has started out well, all I have to do is keep busy and make sure I do not snack tonight. I am already thinking ahead so fingers crossed and good luck to me. :D

A lot has happened over the last couple of years and I have grown in more ways than one and I beleive in the power of what is meant to be, in other words I was meant to find this group and I will succeed and I will lose this unwanted flab. If I keep telling myself that I am sure to win the battle. 8)

Thanks again for the support.

Netta
prettyinpink

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:35 am

hi netta it sounds like you are in the right frame of mind :) it sounds like you have had a lightbulb moment :idea: best wishes and stick with it- keep busy and you wont have a chance to eat!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun May 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Netta and welcome to the forum.

You've been through the most traumatic experience any parent should never have to go through. I am very sorry for the loss of your son Josh. You sound like you've got a great attitude and an enormous amount of personal strength that only something like a tragic event could bring out in a person.

I wish you well on your weightloss journey and we are all here to support you in any way we can :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Welcome, Netta. Sorry to hear about your loss :( Sounds like you are ready to start making some changes now, you sound very motivated, and planning ahead and keeping busy definitely helps. Good luck :D
SarahC

Postby prettyinpink » Mon May 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Thank you for the lovely welcome Milkyway and SarahC. :D

I look forward to getting to know you all better in the days and weeks ahead. Thanks for the support. 8)
Netta

prettyinpink

Postby Chelle » Mon May 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Hey Netta welcome to the forum glad that you have joined. Sorry to hear about your lost, at differcult time it can be hard to get on with life, but somehow it does take away of it with you & it does takes time to heal & start living life again. Sounds like that you are motivated to make a postive change about yourself & Josh will be pround when you transform your body into a sleek machine. LOL Goodluck
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi Netta and welcome to the forum! Sorry for your loss, and sorry that so many people used food as a way to comfort you and got you into the habit yourself! Well done on recognising it though and I am sure you can turn the tide on it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions