It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Sick of the depression

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Sick of the depression

Postby peachy » Sun May 06, 2007 7:06 am

Hi All,

After being on this site a few times I decided to finally join :cry:
Lately I havent been feeling too good about myself now that I have piled on the weight which I know you all understand. Its getting to the point were im so depressed and I cant even leave the house only to go to work because I am so embarressed of my weight gain.
My partner is really supportive of me and he cant see what im worried about but its because of what I see in the mirror.
Ive been living overseas in Europe for nearly 2 years now and in the last year or so ive gained an extra 15kg and its slowly creeping up.. I know you might think that its not that much but I am a small petite woman and it really shows.
I only realised my weight gain only a few months back when my clothes started to not fit me and honestly I felt so stupid because I believed it was my clothes shrinking! I then decided to get on the scales and to my disbelief the truth smacked me right in the face. Recently the depression kicked in and I just feel useless. Ive tried to eat healthy and exercise but it just doesnt seem to be coming off. Im scared that its just going to keep piling on regardless. Half my clothes barely fit me but I dont want to buy bigger clothes because it makes me feel even worse! I never thought Id be in this situation and I guess I just took my body for granted.
I used to be so carefree and full of life and now im just full of worry and disgust. I guess I joined because I know Id feel comfortable with you all and your stories would inspire me to not give up. I look forward to chatting with you! Thanks for reading.

Christine
peachy

Postby Maraver » Sun May 06, 2007 7:53 am

Hi Peachy welcome I am Pam and I live in Adelaide and I know so well here you are coming from, all I do iust drag myself to work and refuse to go anywhere else, I am a lot more overweight than you but there is no differeece when your self esteem is so low, so maybe you feel that you have hit rick bottom, that is how I feel this morning, I am a keen photographer and my hubby too and I look at photos of myself in total self disgust.

So you have come to the right place, one small step today will seem so hard but tomorrow it will be so easier.

Look forward to hearing more from you and good luck I will be watching for your progress, your could have not written better words to describe how "I" feel and I feel so much more motivated this morning

Thankyou
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby peachy » Sun May 06, 2007 8:13 am

Hi Pam thanks for the reply! Your right with the whole self esteem issue..
I guess its the shock of it all... the clothes, the image, the "where did all this excess flab come from!!" horrid stretch marks etc... it really gets you down. But Ive decided today is the day that im going to do something about it and give 100%. So thankyou for your encouragement and all the best with your challenge also! Im glad im not the only one.
Speak with you soon and hope you have a great day :)
peachy

Postby Maraver » Sun May 06, 2007 8:46 am

Good girl I love your tracker I think its brilliant
let me know how your first day goes
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 am

hey there christina welcome to the group. i know what you mean about wondering where all this flab has come from. it finally hits you when you are clothes shopping and finding that the size you thought you were is way too tight and you are going up a size- and it continues like that! very depressing. i can understand that you are embarrassed. even though i ahve lost weight i still feel self consious about myself. keep your chin up and and join in the forum. you will find lots of tools and tips and also also challenges and weigh ins you can join in to keep you motivated :) best wishes we are always here
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun May 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi christina and welcome to the forum. Your story sounded so familiar to me. I started my weightloss journey not that long ago and have a similar goal to yours. I too became very embarrassed about my weight gain and finally started to do something about it. 3 months later, I've lost 6 kilos, am about half way there and so much happier and confident in myself - not just because I'm thinner, but because I was able to do it, and reach my first goal weight.

And on this board, it doesn't matter whether you've got five kilos to lose or 50! I don't think anyone here would think "Oh, she's only got 15kg to lose". It's not like that. We all know that it takes a lot of effort, planning and strength to lose just one kilo and to lose 15kg, is not going to be easy at all.

I have always been a physically active person and last year I exercised a LOT while I trained for a long distance endurance event and I only lost 2kg in about a 5 month period. I wondered why I wasn't losing any weight, even though I thought I was eating healthily.

Recently, I discovered http://www.calorieking.com.au and found out that what I thought, for example, was a portion of rice, was actually three! It really opened my eyes to portion control and it's been the key for me. I've also reduced my alcohol intake - I only drink alcohol 2-3 times per month instead of 3 or more times per week. I've more or less tackled my sugar demons, too. Though they are much too powerful when I'm pre-menstrual, so I haven't won that battle just yet...

So all the best with your weightloss journey. You can do it! :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Mon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Hello Christina and welcome to the forum.

No one will judge you here but give you all the support that you need. We have all come to this forum for the same reason to be supported through our weightloss and beyond amongst people who know what we are facing and going through. So join in wherever you are comfy and sing out if you need any help.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Mon May 07, 2007 11:29 pm

Welcome to the forum you will find lot's of insipation information on this site. Good luck with your weightloss journey.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi Christine and welcome! Be sure you separate out your body image from your self image - you may be overweight now, but what a fantastic, motivated, strong person you are to recognise and set a goal! And I bet that with a bit of hard work and encouragement that you will achieve it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions