It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

omega 3

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

omega 3

Postby linda » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:32 pm

I have just read the article on the home page about omega 3's and found it really impressive on the diseases it prevents and how it can actually help in weight loss because it is a "good fat". I don't like fish, and have given up eggs for the moment, but love walnuts. Now my question is what quantity do I consume for best results, at the moment I am just having approximately 6 - 12 a day, is this enough for the benefits or would you need to consume much more than this and if I do how does it affect weight loss?
linda

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:20 pm

My mothers naturopath says to have 2 capsules 3 times per day (6 capsules total)
She uses the Natures Own 1000mg Omega 3 (the same instructions are on the bottle)

Be sure you find an omega 3 brand that does not contain mercury.
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:30 pm

Hi :)

There was something on the Ten news the other day about taking Fish Oil Capsules. Taking them helps speed up your metabolism or something. Apparently in a trial, people were eating what they wanted, having 6 capsules a day, and taking three 45 minute walks a week. People lost anywhere from 2 to 5kg in 12 weeks (which isnt a whole heap, but surely weight loss would increase if you were eating a controlled diet and exercising more)...

Thats my two cents worth :lol:

Emma :D
emma21

Return to Introductions