It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

Getting rid of the emergency brakes (North Brisbane)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting rid of the emergency brakes (North Brisbane)

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 am

Hello everyone! My name is Chantel, I'm from the Redcliffe Peninsula in the Outer Northern Brisbane suburbs.

I'm 19 years old and seriously overweight!

For a little bio; I always thought I was overweight as a teen and I was.... but little did I realise just how overweight I could be! I met my now-fiance in December 2002 and weighing around 60kg I thought I was horrible... how could this skinny/fit/healthy man possibly love someone like me?

Mid 2004 - Early 2005 saw me hit the top... I don't know what the weight was, but judging by the photos... it wasn't pretty (I will post in before and afters in a few minutes!).

Come my 18th birthday in September 2006, I weighed in at 100kgs, since then I dropped and jumped and am now sitting on 105kgs..... that's about 40kgs too much! 40kgs in 4 years!

I found this website and was looking at the before and after pictures when I realised that I could do this! I can do this and I might need some motivation to keep that going.

So far I have been on a calourie counting spree... CalorieKing recommends eating around 1200 - 1500 calories per day for an underactive female trying to lose weight... I will see how that goes. So for now, this is me :) Trying to lose weight for a healthier future and some better photographs!

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Fri May 11, 2007 10:40 am

I just have to point out that I'm a bit of a nink-en-poop as my 18th Birthday as referred to was in 2005... I seem to have un-aged myself a year there. Oops!

I am currently 19, 20 in September. Although it may not seem like a big issue, it was a mistake and I thought I should clarify :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 11, 2007 11:19 am

you shouldn't have said...I thought everyone wanted people to think they were younger!!! LOL.

Welcome to the forum! good for you to have gotten some info and gotten a plan together - that will help a lot and give you something to hang on in tough times. And were always here to help too!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 pm

hi there chantel welcome to the group

of course you can lose the weight you want to lose. its funny how we dont really think we are as big as we are until we stand on the scales and see photos of ourselves. being a young girl like myself im sure you have seen people your age wearing trendy clothes and not being able to wear them comfortably yourself because of your size. im looking forward to see you reach your goal. sing out if you have any questions!!

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 10:08 am

Hello Chantel and welcome aboard.

Joining Calorie King and coming here for support and motivation is a good start. A lot of people on here use Calorie King so sing out if you have any questions.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby milkyway » Sat May 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi Chantel, thanks for sharing your story with us. You've come to a great place for support, advice and encouragement. If we can help you in any way, just sing out :D All the best for your weightloss journey.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions