It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Free Newsletter

G'Day From Northern Rivers

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

G'Day From Northern Rivers

Postby seal » Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi all,

My goal is to lose about 30 kilos. Up till march last year I had lost 23 kilos and I went through an upheaval and had to move. Since that I've gain about 16 kilos. Now I desparately want to get back into control.

My fiance says that he loves me as I am. Actually he also said that he doesn't care if I weighed 30 stone, he would still love me. But I want to lose the weight and be able to buy nice clothes and to be healthly. Especially my knees. I also want to lose weight before our wedding day. We haven't set a date but will probably be end of 2008.

I was going to join Curves and discovered that we can't afford it just yet. Also thought of meal replacements but they are dearer than Curves.

Well, that's me for now. Chat to you all here.

Postby milkyway » Sat May 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Seal and welcome aboard. You don't need to spend a tonne of money to lose weight - though I've noticed the cost of getting fitter is certainly increasing!

Walking is a great start and all you need are a pair of trackies and a pair of runners.

Check out the Calorie King website to work out how many calories you're consuming and maybe even an eating plan. It's free to join up now (if you're in Australia).

I found that by reducing my portion size and upping the exercise a bit has given me really good results.

All the best for your weightloss journey :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Chelle » Sat May 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Seal. Congrats on lossing weight, I know it might feel bad that you have gained some of the weight back on. But you can do it again, Just start with mini goals, exercise, eat right, drink lot's of water & you will back on track in no tme. Congrats on getting engaged. Good luck & have a happy & healthy weightloss journey.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:47 am

hey seal i am sure you can lose the weight you want to lose with support and dedication :) best wishes and sing out if you need anything :)

Postby KimE » Mon May 14, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Seal and welcome to the forum.

All the best for your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Roar2Life » Mon May 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi Seal. As milkyway said you don't have to have money to lose weight. Walking is a great place to start and costs next to nothing. When you have the money you can join if you still want to but not having the money doesn't mean you should just give up (which you obviously haven't).

Welcome and happy posting.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...

Postby seal » Mon May 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks for the big welcome.

I know that I can do it again. I've set my self a mini goal of losing 7kilos. I'm now 117kilos.

Last time Imlost weight, it cost me nothing. I hope that I can do the same now. it just seems different this time. I'm going to give it all I've got.

Postby Dee » Mon May 14, 2007 8:32 pm

Good luck.

I guess my best advice would simply to be just keep at it... this is not an easy journey, but it is achievable.

Sing out if we can help you out in any way!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Seal and welcome!
I actually find the way I have changed my lifestyle to lose weight and become healthy has SAVED me money. My main expenditure has been purchasing my bike with which I ride to and from work/uni. I have now easily paid it off in fuel costs. Then there's the food - I buy less processed food and just less food in general (and we don't tend to eat much meat) so my grocery bill is slightly less.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby seal » Sat May 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Return to Introductions