It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:48 am

Free Newsletter

The start of the new me!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

The start of the new me!

Postby KarinAnn » Mon May 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi all,
I joined a little while ago, but I guess haven't had the courage to admit to people that I have a weight problem. Though I know everyone is in the same boat here. Society has left me not wanting to jump up and down and say, "Yes i'm fat". As per anything the first step is admitting it. Well I had done that a while ago. Now I want to actually do something about it.
I've gone from being skinny and fit, to discovering smoking and junk food, back to losing a lot of weight due to an operation. Then as what seems a vicious cycle putting it back on, losing it, putting it back on. Etc then…

(Now for the sob story). :roll:
7 months ago I was at a weight I was happy with, happy with life, pregnant and nothing was bringing me down from cloud 9. That is, nothing except the doctor who informed me I was once again having another ecoptic pregnancy. Now for the people who know what this is like, you know the whirlwind of emotions that comes with this. For the people who don't it is like this:

Wake up, cry, eat, sleep, cry, wake up, eat, sleep and cry.

Depression and eating seem to go hand in hand. So no surprise I am now at 91kgs and want to get to at least 75kgs.

I'm going to America in November to meet some great people I have meet (thanks myspace) and have decided I want to be near to my goal weight when I leave. (Is that even possible???) The idea of wanting to lose weight isn't a problem at all. It's the motivation that I lack, and badly!

I did a few days on the treadmill.. Read that I was only losing 200 cals and thought, "damn is that really enough?" Didn’t seem worth the effort. So jumped on the net and found this site. Read it and decided to join in on the forum and see if I can pick up some ideas and help along the way. Then hope to help others on the same journey I am facing.

So here I am 30, happily single, and over weight!! Ready to take the first steps to what it takes to be the weight I wish to be and to keep it off!!
KarinAnn

Postby milkyway » Mon May 14, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi KarinAnn and welcome to the forum.

I've had a similar story in terms of the yo-yo weight gain and weight loss. My weight has gone up and down 20kgs in the past few years with a lot of other kilos gained and lost along the way - not a healthy way to live.

One of the hardest things to do is admit that you do have a problem. You'll find plenty support and encouragement around here, so stick around. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 pm

hi karinann

welcome officially to the group. im sure you have had a browse around and know that you can pick up any tips around here to help you shed the kilos and you may also join in at any time :)

sorry about your past and how rough it has been on you but i think you have great things to look forward to in the future with your trip and anything is achievable if you set your mind to it :)

best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Wed May 16, 2007 3:04 am

Thanks for the welcomes :D
It's 2am at the moment. Couldn't sleep so thought i would come check out what's being going on, on the forum. But being that im only surrounded by spammers im backing back out of here slowly. Who am i kidding i have to lose weight. Im runng out of here fast!!
KarinAnn

Postby BubbleButt » Wed May 16, 2007 8:30 am

Hi KarinAnn,

Welcome to the forum, and yeah I know what you mean about the spammers. Geesh!! I clicked on the View Posts Since Last Visit and got 35 or so of them and majority were all spam. Some people have nothing to do really hey.

Anyways, good luck with your weight loss. It's bloody hard sometimes but I think we can all get there. Looking forward to getting to know you.

:mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:58 am

what a crack up karinann :) im gunna love having you around for sure!
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Wed May 16, 2007 9:54 am

Hey KarinAnn,

Welcome 2 the forum! :D All the best with your weight loss journey! :D :D :D :D
[/i]

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 16, 2007 10:33 am

Hi KarinAnn, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. It is possible to lose 15kg in 5 months, that's roughly 3kg per month which, if you average 1kg per week (a healthy rate of loss) is well and truly possible. Try splitting your 'goal' up into mini goals. This week might just be to exercise more than you do now. Then next week might be to cut down on chocolate more than usual as well and so on.
We're all here to help motivate you1
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Wed May 16, 2007 11:16 am

Hello KarinAnn and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully we can help with the motivation and support you need. Losing 15kgs in 5 months is definitely achieveable but as with everything will take some focus on your part.

You can do it if you set your mind to it. All the best and sing out if you have any questions. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Fri May 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Hey Karin Anne welcome to the forum I love your avatar. Sorry to hear about your rough time. You want to loose weight before you go OS anything can happen just as long as you put in the effort start with mini goals instead of working towards the whole weight loss. Goodluck have a happy & healthy weightloss journey.
Chelle

Postby Jisgone » Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 pm

hey, best wishes with your journey :) its entirely possible to lose the weight and we will help u with all the tps and motivation u need
Jisgone

Postby KarinAnn » Sat May 19, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks again for the welcomes. I must be doing something right! I've already lost 1kg!!! :D I brought a few Billy Blanks dvd's and decided to watch one while having dinner. Which after watching it had a laugh at myself for how silly i would have looked if others saw me stuffing my face while watching a work out dvd. But i really wanted to see what i was in for before i started one of them.
I'm glad i found this forum your all so helping with your tips and your all very nice people. Again Thanks!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:10 am

well done karinann :) a loss is fantastic. kimmy here does billy blanks too and ive done a few of his videos. its tough work but definately rewarding :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Introductions