It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Free Newsletter

My Story

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story

Postby Loralai » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm

Hi everyone :D

I am joining this forum in the hope that I can get the motivation and advice i need. I hope in turn i can help others too.

i am 26 y.o. Ive always had to watch what i eat and exercise to maintain my weight. Since Ive been married, Ive put on a few kilos which I wasnt too concerned about, as I had always been up and down, but since having my first baby 11 weeks ago, Ive ballooned out to 85 kilos. Im quite short too, 164cm.

I wouldnt be as worried if it was just baby fat but the fact is i have actually put on weight since giving birth. I have not been eating properly, skipping meals or grabbing rubbish here and there. My baby, although just beautiful has bad reflux and colic. She is a lot of work and I have no time to exercise. I have recently started putting her in the pram and going for a 5km walk each morning. I have lost my first kilo doing this.

My problem is I have no motivation at the moment and am very depressed about my weight.I keep sabotaging myself. I feel like I am just always going to be big now, and only going to get bigger.

I appreciate any advice anyone has. I feel like just getting my feelings out, and seeing my ticker with the figure I need to lose will help me a lot.

Thanks.
Loralai

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:14 pm

Hi Loralai

I'm probably not the best person to encourage you today (I'm having a bad day myself). But congrats on losing your first kilo! Just remember you weren't always that weight so it IS possible for you to lose it again!

All the best.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:48 pm

Welcome Lorelai,
What a gorgeous name, were you named after the beautiful maiden that became a mermaid in the tale of the Lorelai rock?

I'm sure this forum can help you. When I first joined I never stuck to my diet, and I figured out I was only kidding myself by slipping in extra bites of this and that throughout the day.
We tend to be honest here and report our good foods along with out bad, that way we can see where we may have gone wrong.
I now stick to my daily food diary that we record on the forum and am finally having success. For me, in order to stop binge eating I had to incorporate something from each food group, it stopped the cravings and it gave me the willpower to say no to the bad foods I'm surrounded with.
I love your ticker graph.
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:22 pm

Welcome aboard Lorelei,

I too am from Adelaide the hills actually, where are you?

Good Luck with your weightloss journey and join right on in. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Loralai » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 pm

Thanks for that great welcome! Feeling more motivated already.

Fairie, Im north of the city. I love the Adelaide Hills. Especially Stirling, Algate. Mount Barker too but its become very populated now hasnt it.

Dolly, Loralai is actually of Gillmore Girls fame! lol, thats how we came across it. Then we named our toy poodle Loralai. She has since passed away and I use it as my forum name. And yes, thats what I hope to gain from this forum, a bit of accountability etc. I want to have a written account of what I want to achieve and how I intend to do it etc. I was going to do a blog but thought this would be better as I will get advice and feed back too.

Thanks again. Im hoping my little monkey will finally have a nap soon so I can have a run on the treadmill.
Loralai

Postby Loralai » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Oops, should say I was referring to my daughter having a nap, I dont actually have a little monkey! :D
Loralai

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:56 pm

But it was such a wonderful image! I was just picturing the Gilmore girls trying to cope with a little monkey! I loved that show
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Loralai » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:03 pm

:lol:
Loralai

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:03 pm

Welcome to the forum loralai. This is a great place for motivation tips and keeping us girls (and guys ) in line
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:59 pm

Hi Loralai,

I lived first in Bridgewater then in Stirling for nearly 40 years and yes it has become so populated now.

Sorry about your little dog, I know I will be devestated when my little dog who is 12 passes away.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby jodestar » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:38 pm

Hi Loralai,

Welcome, Congratulations on losing 1kg, your doing great:)
jodestar

Postby carla » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Hello and Welcome Loralai! :)
carla

Return to Introductions