It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:32 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, I need some support!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I need some support!

Postby MickeyB » Mon May 21, 2007 10:22 am

Hi there,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 25 from Australia and for the past 2 years I have been losing weight. I lost a total of 45kg, and then went in to have a tummy tuck done to fix all the excess skin problems.

Along the way I had a lot (and gave a lot) of support in an online group, however things happen, personalities clash and thanks to a very insensitive person involved in the group, the group has died and the support is now non-existant. I believe that having those people involved in my life and becoming friends with them, helped me achieve a lot of my weight loss goals. So I am searching for a new place that can offer me support, but also allow me to help others as well :D

Bascially my life has gone to hell and back recently, my family has been crippled financially and emotionally and my weight has been the thing to suffer most. I have put back on roughly 13kg and I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I have been trying to get back on track, but the old yo-yo thing is happening, the binge eating is out of control and I feel like I'm back at square one, minus the motivation and willpower. None of my new clothes fit me, I got rid of all my 'fat' clothes because I knew I would never be there again, but here I am, and at the moment I'm slouching around in baggy pants and shirts and starting to hide away again. Which is the worst possible thing because then it really will just take off and I'll be left 45kg heavier again.

I really just need help. I know what to do to lose the weight safely, it's all right there in front of me, I know how to lose it, I just need the support and people to kick me up the bum, yell at me when I disappear, and be there so that I can help them out too because I get a lot of motivation from seeing other people succeed and if I can be a part in helping that work out then it's a good thing.

Anyway, this is a very long introduction. :oops: I'll go and have a look around at the site and hopefully can find a place to fit in somewhere.
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!

Postby Dolly » Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 am

Hey Mic, Image
Weight loss sure can be a rocky road to walk through sometimes huh?
We will be here to support you 24/7 and its great that you can support us too and share much of your knowledge.

If you want to chat each day just jump on one of these threads, even if it's just to say hi (or you can create a new one) Just Chatting Link
start up your own personal record of daily progress and set backs
[url=[/url]Personal Progress[/url]
You will also find we have a weekly weigh-in thread (just record your own day of the week that you like to weigh-on)

Sorry to hear that the other forum went sour (last thing you would have needed is more stress)
I once attended an American forum that did a similar thing, it also became disbanded.
Luckily we all share this forum equally so there are no power struggles here.

Try to have fun as you lose the weight, and we will be here to see you through it.

Postby Jisgone » Mon May 21, 2007 1:14 pm

welcome along mic :) i hope we can offer u all the support u need

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:15 pm

hey mic

welcome to the group. well done on losing the weight in the past. i am sure you can lose it again. sometimes in our lives things happen where we slip of the wagon for a bit. at least you are acknowledging that you need to relose that weight again.

sorry aboutt he previous forum you were on. no matter where you go in cyberspace people can clash. fingers crossed you find what you are after here. i know i wouldnt have been able to lose the weight without my good friends here :)

Postby Fairie » Mon May 21, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi Mic and welcome :D

Sounds like you have had it tough lately and well done for putting the brakes on. Everyone here is so supportive so have a good look around and look forward to reading more from you.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi Mic and welcome to the forum!
You've definitely found the right place for support! Look forward to giving and receiving it with you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby milkyway » Mon May 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi Mic - congrats on the weightloss to date. I look forward to hearing about your ongoing progress. We're a pretty good bunch here, so I don't think you'll find any conflict here - except maybe for what workout DVD is better than another :lol:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby MickeyB » Tue May 22, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm loving this site already. I was just cruising around in here yesterday and it's gotten me very motivated.

Can't wait to get to know everyone a little better.

Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 am

thats great to hear mic theres plenty to read !!

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum mick, congrats on the weightloss, don't let yourself down that you have put on a little bit weight because you can loss it again. You have deffinatle found the right place for a good support network everyone on here a gems, have a happy & healthy weightloss journey.

Postby KimE » Tue May 22, 2007 6:24 pm

Hello Mic and welcome to the forum.

Well done on losing the weight you have done already and I am sure you will be able to get back on track and back to where you want to be.

There is usually someone around or not far away if you need to talk, vent or just need some extra support.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Introductions