It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi need help to get started

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi need help to get started

Postby Kristy » Mon May 21, 2007 11:09 am

Hi I am Kristy and I have struggled with my weight most of my life. However when I was pregnant with my first child I decided that I would eat for Australia as everyone kept telling me that the weight would just fall off when Breast Feeding. Well it didnt and have have since had another child who is now 2. I lost a bit of the extra kilos but have managed to put them back on. I am now feeling a bit low and was wonder what is the best way to get back on track. Do I count fat, cals, carbs or what?

Postby Dolly » Mon May 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi Kristy, ya made me laugh when you said you were eating for Australia, teehee Image
I love the pretty tracker you made.

First find a diet plan that will work for you, one that doesn't cut out all the food groups, it's often a good way to start otherwise you may start craving stuff.
Here's a link to some diets and other interesting topics ~link~
There's also a Personal Progerss sub-header where you can record your own daily experiences as you lose weight (people will jump in and support you as you go along.) This is where I hang out the most, as I find it very beneficial.~link~

Will see you about the boards, just jump in anywhere.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:12 pm

hi there kristy

welcome to the group. best wishes for your weightloss. the main factors are eating healthy and getting your butt moving :) pop the little one in a stroller and head to the local oval and run around for awhile. to lose the weight i lost, i cut out all 'junk' food and watched my portion sizes. also drinking at least 2 litres of water a day really helps.

best wishes and sing out if you need anything :)

Postby Jisgone » Mon May 21, 2007 1:17 pm

hey kristy, welcome along :)

there are sooo many diets out there that will make weight loss seem really complicated, but its as simple as energy in versus energy out! if u eat less and move more youve got it all worked out :) theres loads of mums like kate who can give u tips on excercising with your little ones and lots of meals on the healthy recipes section that are great for the whole family :)

Postby Fairie » Mon May 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Welcome to the group Kirsty. :D

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 21, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi Kristy and welcome! As far as what strategy you should adopt to lose weight, there are as many 'plans' as there are people losing weight! Generally anything you do to improve your exercise and diet is good. If you want to start counting calories/kilojules go for it! they are a measure of energy and as such take into account the fat content, but as a rule you should also look at the fat percentage - if it's too high it's generally not good.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 10:02 am

Hey kristy welcome to the forum.

Postby milkyway » Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Kristy and welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of advice and motivation here. check out Calorie King for more info on eating a balanced diet. You can key in what you eat and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating for your weight and exercise level, as well as how many carbs and how much protein and fat.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby BubbleButt » Tue May 22, 2007 11:07 am

Welcome Kristy,

You will get all the support you need right here in this group. I've only been here just over a week and I feel better already.. don't feel so alone now :)

Good luck with your weight loss.

Created by - Free Calorie Counter

Postby KimE » Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello Kristy and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Introductions