It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Getting closer!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting closer!

Postby nearlyhot » Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm

I am a 36 yo, mother, and professional woman who was lucky enough to have a fast metabolism - until after 30. Since then my weight goes more up than down! :( I have tried all sorts of diets - Your body your life, South beach, weight watchers and I get some losses but then it all goes back on.

I'm getting married in September and when I tried my dress on (fitted in december) in April, I only just got into it with the fabric stretched and the seam ripped! :oops:

I went to a Registered dietician and she has put me on a sensible and safe eating plan. So far I've lost 3.5kg, reduced my body fat and improved muscle tone. I have another 5kgs to go and hope to be my goal weight by end of August. My weight loss is slow - 500g/ week but I'm feeling so much better. I exercise 5 days per week.

I am so impressed with how many lovely people are on this website and thought I'd join the weight loss family!
Be the best you can be
nearlyhot

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 23, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi nearlyhot and welcome to the forum! Slow and steady is definitely the way to go! We look forward to seeing your progress!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 pm

hey nearly hot

welcome to the group

well done on your loss thus far and i am looking forward to seeing your progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby BubbleButt » Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Welcome NearlyHot,

Good luck with your weightloss. I'm sure you will find all the encouragement and inspiration you need right here.

:mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby Chelle » Wed May 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey nearleyhot, Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the weghtloss so far. You are going about it the right way with lossing weight 0.5 - 1 Kg per week slow & steady is a lot better than the quick diets they may seem like that they work but you will end up putting it back on straight away & dosent teach you any morals on how to loss weight & keep it off for good. A loss is a loss you have to be happy with it. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Wed May 23, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi there nearlyhot - love your nickname! 0.5kg weightloss per week is fantastic - I am losing only very little at the moment, but I know it's sustainable and it ain't ever coming back on!

All the best for your weightloss journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Wed May 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Hello Nearlyhot and welcome aboard.

Learning a healthier way of life is the key to keeping the weight off once you have lost it and it sounds like that is where you are heading. Well done on you weight loss to date and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Thu May 24, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi NearlyHot,
welcome to the forum
Dolly

A few bumps along the road

Postby nearlyhot » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:40 am

I'd like to thank all of those who replied to my introduction. I haven't done so well with my weight loss and gave up for awhile.

Am back on the wago - so to speak - now and being much more moderte

Have got to the stage where I thing that while it is great to strive to be the best you can be you can't take life to seriously and am hoping that by continuing to be sensible and make good choices it will happen. :)

:idea: One of the things I was doing wrong was cutting out some food types and not replacing them with a healthier option. The result was I felt like I was punishing myself all the time. Example - going to Maccas and having a skinny cappaccino and no snack with a friend who would have cake as well as a large latte. Now I'll have my skinny cap and a berry nice yoghurt (low fat, calories, high protein and delish!)[/img]
Be the best you can be
nearlyhot

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 am

hey nearly hot, you are right, its all about compromise, weightloss shouldnt be about depriving yourself as we are all here to live :) glad to hear you are motivated and heading in the right direction :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:19 am

good stuff!! that's what it's all about, making healthy CHOICES not deprivations.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Well done you are learning to make better choices and not just cutting out foods arbitrarily. I believe this way you will be more likely to stick with it once losing the weight. Sounds like you are on the right track.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions