It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:13 am

Free Newsletter

Hi! I'm new!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi! I'm new!

Postby Serena » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:28 am

I've just joined! My name is Serena, I'm 27 and I live in Albury on NSW/VIC border. I was made redundant from work last November and have since been unemployed. Actually I prefer to think of myself as a housewife, though not a very good one since I hate housework (just ask my partner - he'll tell you all about it!). I've always struggled with my weight but since I haven't been working I find it on the rise. I eat lots, watch too much TV and really enjoy an afternoon nap. Not a good combination for my waistline. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and I struggle to find motivation. I hope being in contact with others struggling down the same path might help me snap out of it. I am 175cm tall and my weight is currently in the vicinity of 135-140Kg (my scales have a weight-limit of 130 but begrudgingly go to around 137. They wouldn't speak to me this week so I'm assuming I'm pushing around 138kg). You can see why I need help! Hopefully I'll be on speaking terms with the scales again soon. I hope to get to around 70kg. I have a long, long, long, long way to go! Hopefully with your support it'll be a little easier.
See Ya! Serena

Welcome Serena

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:19 am

Hi Serena, welcome on board!

Losing half your weight is a wonderful challenge for you and is going to make a great success story when you achieve your goal.

Imagine how achieving this goal will change your life and make you feel!

The keys for you are the same for all of us, making small lifestyle changes, sticking with them until they start working, become habits and get easier, and then build on them by changing other habits. And of course, getting help and support when you need it (like you're doing right now).

Some of us have a weekly weigh in (Thursday's) which you might like to get involved in. Our posts are in the 'Weigh in' section of this forum. Another useful section is the exercise section where we talk about what we're doing exercise wise.

I look forward to you achieving your weight loss goal and reading all about your journey. :)

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:29 pm

Hi there serena. Im jules mum of 2. You have come to the right place . The people on here are great help and motivate me along .Feel free to chat anytime . As Scott said many of us weigh in on thursday morn but its not compulsory . I find talking to people who are experiencing the same thing a great help
Hope to see you around the boards
cheers Julie
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

I just joined and new

Postby Rochelle » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:43 am

Hi my name is Rochelle, I'm 26 yrs old mother of 3 children unde 5. I am 5ft 10 and weigh 120 kgs. I like to lose 55 kg before next July because I'm getting married. I need support because I'm not good on losing weight on my own.

Postby Fairie » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:55 pm

Welcome, Rochelle, wow 3 children under 5 thats a huge job.
We need all the support we can get on our weightloss journey, hope to see lots of posts from you. :D
Are you doing a plan or going alone?

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:24 pm

Welcome Rochelle!
You certainly have come to the right place if you wish to have constant aussie support 24/7.
It's good to have a goal like a wedding etc.. it sure gives you a reason not to cheat on dieting.

Postby Serena » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:44 pm

It's nice that you have a specific goal to aim for, it'll help you stay motivated. You could have a picture of your perfect dress stuck on the fridge to remind you. 55kg will be tough but if you put your mind to it, I'm sure you'll succeed. I have a similar kind of goal myself. I have 70-75kg to lose and I'd like to get there by Christmas next year. If we all support each other we'll get there together.

Return to Introductions