It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

New registered but may have been here before

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New registered but may have been here before

Postby Dancing Queen » Sun May 27, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Ya :lol:

I had these forums bookmarked and think I may have registered ages ago but couldn't log in with what I thought was my user name and password. tried other combinations and no luck.

So I have re-registered.

I lost 25Kg last year at Weight Watchers. Since then (from about October onwards) I've gone up, gone down, gone up, gone down by a kilo or so.

Recently I have been sick. Actually, I've been off work on sickness benefits since the beginning of March. I went back to work this week gone on 50% of my hours.

During the time I was sick, I couldn't be bothered to think about losing weight. I just weighed myself regularly and wrote it down and if I saw it creep up I'd make an effort to be careful over the next few days, go out for a walk, eat better.

I just weighed myself this morning and the lowest weight I was when I was sick was 134.3 kg. At that time, I know I'd lost a few kilos because I didn't feel like eating for a few weeks. Today, I am 140.2 kg. I'm shocked to say the least.

There is NO WAY I am putting that weight back on. But at the same time, I'm still struggling getting my life back in order. I work one day and am pretty much asleep most of the next day.

I'm still doing WW, it works for me but just need to get back on track. I'm not here to look for other weight loss methods. I thought I'd post here, I find the WW forums technically crap and they are also very cliquey as well.

So basically, that's my story. I'm going to start tracking again today and just about to go for a walk....but only because I need to get out of the house. Yesterday was a "sleep most of the day" day and I'm not working today so feel like I am going stir crazy sitting around.

Also, (sory my post is getting long) I am a nurse and I do alot of walking in my job. I've worn a pedometer to work and done over 10,000 steps in a 7 hour shift when it's been really busy. When I was sick, I would walk (because I can't drive) or catch the bus but no where near as active as when I was at work and before I got sick. I don't feel as fit as I did.
Dancing Queen

Postby milkyway » Sun May 27, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi Dancing Queen. I think you've come to a great place (or rather, come back to a great place :P). There's no cliques around here and it doesn't matter if you've got 5kg or 50kg to lose, we're all in this together.

I'm sorry to hear you're not well at the moment. That's got to make it really hard to keep on top of your weightloss, especially the exercise.

Good luck with your journey and feel free to jump in anywhere at anytime or start your own threads :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby madeline » Sun May 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Don't worry dancingqueen. Every day's a new day, it's never too late to start. *hugs* Best of luck with your weight loss journey!

"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 27, 2007 4:58 pm

dancing queen

welcome to the group once more. sorry to hear you havent been well, i hope that you are back on track now and you will lose the weight with dedicated support and healthy eating and exercise. sing out if you need anything!

Postby Fairie » Mon May 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Welcome Dancing Queen, this weightloss journey is not easy but we will get there and the ppl here are great.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Welcome (again) dancing queen!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Mon May 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Welcome Dancing Queen, great to have you back again.
All the ones serious about getting this weight off come back here
to finish the task.

Postby KimE » Mon May 28, 2007 6:11 pm

Hello Dancing Queen and welcome back to the forum.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Chelle » Tue May 29, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi dancing queen welcome to the forum

Return to Introductions