It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby possum » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Having been overweight for too long I have decided to do something about it. The hard part being the motivation. I am hoping by being acountable to somebody not just my self I can achieve a weightloss. I am hoping to lose 25 kilos. I have 2 children and they think it is funny to say mummy is fat, but it isn't funny when I can't run around with them and get worn out playing with them. I want to be more active and do more with my girls.Thanks

Postby Loralai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi Possum.

You sound a lot like me. I have just joined for all the same reasons and want to lose a similar amount of weight. Hopefully we can do it together.

All the best!

Postby BigM » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:50 pm

You've come to the right place :)
The people here are understanding and caring, please feel free to share your stories, success or ask for tips anytime. Everyone here's always there to help and i hope you achieve your goal in weight loss.

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi Possum, so glad you decided to join us in losing weight. It's definately great having people here who want to listen to what we eat and what does and doesn't work for us.
Not fun having your girls tease you like that about your weight :(
Hopefully you'll be slimmed down in no time.

Each day many of us find it helps us stay on track if we visit the boards called My Daily Food Diary and My Exercise Program.

If you wish to make a weight loss tickergraph just click on anyones graph and it will take you to the site page, then just follow the directions and copy and past the BBCode that is shown at the end, to here.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi possum, glad to have you with us!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby jodestar » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:18 am

Hi Possum

Welcome to the Forum:) I am also a mum, I am a mum of 5 so i understand how you feel that its not funny when you find you cant run around with them as much as you would like too.

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi Possum and Welcome.

Good Luck with your weightloss journey. :D

Return to Introductions