It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone!!!

Postby lisaslosinit » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 am

ell I am back at it!

As a brief introduction: From 2003-2005 I lost 23kg by exercising and following a healthy lifestyle. I was starting to feel great. It was just gettting so hard to lose the last 10 kg...

6 weeks ago I got back from 1 yr working and travelling overseas and am horrified to find I have put 10kg back on and am hovering around the dreaded 100kg mark. This is the weight I swore I would never get back to again!

I used to have a weightloss blog and was involved with some forums that are now history. I found the forums really helped and am glad that I have found an Australian site.

Yesterday I hit rock bottom and ate half a tube of cookie dough. At least it made me see some sense as today I feel dreadful with headaches and tiredness. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired again. I am starting to fall more often like I used to and there is no way I want to get back to 113kg.

I have a wonderful husband who also wants to lose the weight he put on when we travelled. I have the added incentive of wanting to try to get pregnant in 18months and I have found out that at my current weight I would be considered at a high risk of problems...

I just chucked out the rest of the cookie dough and I have made a doctors appointment this afternoon to get a check up.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and helping each other!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:19 am

Lisa welcome to the forum, best wishes for your weightloss- good ony ou for throwing out the cookie dogh- you dont need it! best wishes!!

Postby sassi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:24 am

hi lisa & welcome!

i've only been here a short time myself, but it's really helped me get focussed and make some positive changes.

it sounds like you know what you need to do and you've done it before, so you know that you can do it.

best wishes, looking forward to hearing about your progress :D

Postby lng86 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:39 am

Hi Lisa,

Great idea to join this forum. I have found it to be essential to my progress. Good luck - and if you need anything, just ask!

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum! it's hard to monitor your weight when travelling with different foods and an unstable routine! Hopefully you will get things back on track again!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Hello Lisa and welcome to the group.

It's a good thing you have seen what is happening before you put all the weight back on and wanting to start a family will be a great incentive to keep motivated.

Well done on losing the weight you already had done and best of luck on your new journey.

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Welcome to the forum lisaslosinit. Hope you have an happy & healthy weightloss journey, and goodluck to your future plans trying to concieve

Postby milkyway » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome aboard. You've got a great incentive for losing weight and it's great that your boy is on board, too. Mr Milkyway is a skinny minny and as soon as he does gain a few kilos, they're gone in a week or two! I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby lisaslosinit » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I went to the doctors last night and as a result she is doing a few tests to look into my headaches. It is great as my headaches haven't been taken very seriously in the past.

The bad news is that her scales weighed me at 105.5kg.
I am so angry at myself. It is so hard to get the weight off and so easy to put it back on. I am angry for letting myself get back over 100kg when I swore I never ever would. It is hard to think about all the hard work I put in.

One thing I have never really done is count calories- I know it seems basic but I always found it easier to count points or just try to eat what I thought was right.
So I signed up with Calorie King and have put my last few days in and will do it for a while to re-educate myself about what I am putting in my mouth.
Age 29
Height 167.5cm
Starting Weight 2003: 113kg
Restart 09/07: 108.9kg
Current: 103.0kg
Goal: Under 80kg

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

Return to Introductions