It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nay » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 am

Hi there, I would just like to say hi and introduce myself.
My name is Nay and I am a reason for joining this forum is to get support and tips on weight loss. I don't think I am overweight, I just want to shed a few excess kilos. Im 5'3 and at the moment I weigh about 59 kilos which is the heaviest I have ever weighed (besides when I was pregnant) I have a seven year old daughter and work pretty much full time at the moment. My sister's wedding is coming up in October and she is getting married at Hamilton Island so I just want to shed those few kilos to fit into a bikini without being embarrassed.

Anyway, I find it really hard to lose weight. I always have excuses and can't stay away from chocolate. And I hate the gym, exercising and sweat! EEEWWW!! I am an emotional eater too. So I look forward to chatting with you guys, reading your tips, advice and learning from you all.

Bye for now.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 am

hey there nay welcome to the group :) sing out if you need anything and have a browse around the forum for some tips to help you lose weight. you dont sound overweight to me, but i know what it is like to be uncomfortable in your own skin so all the best and i hope you become a healthier person on your journey :)

Postby Chelle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have an happy & healthy weightloss journey, Goodluck Nay

Postby Kitty kat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi nay, welcome to the forum. I hope you find the tips, advice and motivation that you need to meet your weightloss goal. Good luck :wink:

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Kitty kat

Postby KimE » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 pm

Hello Nay and welcome to the forum.

I know you said you don't like exercise but even a little bit may help and if you are not too far from your goal weight then just cleaning up your eating a bit (watch the calorific snacks and sweets and cut out as much junk as possible) and some exercise should show some results. Not to mention how much your bod will love it even if you don't. :D

All the best on your journey.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Hey Nay and welcome. Wow! So many new people this week, it's great :)

Good luck with your weightloss journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Fireball » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:19 am

Welcome to the forum Nay. There is lots of information and ideas here, hopefully you will find some tips that suit you. Goodluck

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Introductions