It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

New Person here :-) - just saying Merry Christmas to all!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Person here :-) - just saying Merry Christmas to all!!

Postby NightEata » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:23 pm

Merry Christmas to all!! - There I said it :lol:

I just found this site today, and am very happy I did.
My story is that I have been losing weight since the beginning of the year, but at my half-way point have hit a wall and have been needing some motivation to continue. I have lost 15kg, and have another 15kg to go, but find that I cannot control night-eating behaviours (hence the post name 8) ). I am a pretty health conscious person who exercises most days a week on the treadmill for 30-40mins. I also eat a well balanced diet - during the day!! (this is my problem - at night I become a demonic zombie who heads to the kitchen fridge with no thought for consequences arghhh. This means that my hard work during the day goes unrewarded by a weight drop. Ive tried preparing jellies and hot choccies etc to snack on, but invariably when im that sleepy I always go for the pastas and carb options :P
Id love to hear from any persons having the same issues, and find ppl to write to and support each other in our united quests.

Keep up the great efforts everyone - and I thank you all for allowing me to share your wonderful website, Paula :D
NightEata

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi Paula,
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on losing such a fantastic amount to start with! If you've already identified the problem, that will make it all the easier to stop.

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:33 pm

Welcome Paula,

Well done on on losing 15 kilo. :D

I know it's hard when your tired, you just want to go for whatever is easy. Can you prepare some meals and freeze them for the days when you are tired or don't have time.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Hi NightEata, wonderful to have you join us.
Now that you've worked out your hungriest time of the day, perhaps you can make that time one of your meal times. Perhaps that can be your breakfast time, then you don't get to eat again till noon the next day, then have your dinner as normal and again have your breakfast at your hungry time in the evening.

With my cravings for carbs, I use to find I couldn't sleep until I satisfied that craving by eating 2 slices of vegemite toast and having a nice hot cuppa, then I'd sleep like a baby and not want to eat again until lunch time.
Dolly

Postby kymbahlee » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:16 pm

Hi Paula, welcome to the site. Well done on losing 15 kilos, massive effort. Is it during TV ad breaks that you wander to the fridge? Could you do something else to fill in the time, like read a magazine? Or is it true hunger you experience?
kymbahlee

Hi Paula, I'd love to become your penpal or email pal

Postby Munchies » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:23 am

:D Hi Paula, i'm new here. Just joined today after veiwing the site on and off for a few weeks. I think it's fab that you've lost 15kg. I too need to lose 30kg. I find that I'll lose 3 or 4 kg only to put it all on again due to late night eating. Like you I have prepared jellies, had low cal hot chocolate etc. I've tried eating breakfast at night - this does help, only problem is I generally end up eating 2 serves which I would never have in the morning. I've tried so many things to stop the late night munchies with nothing working. Lets hope that with this forum we can work this out.
Cheers Munchies. :?
Munchies

Postby BigM » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:07 pm

hello Paula, welcome to the site, congrats on the 15kg lost and hope you achieve your results very soon :)
BigM

Postby linda » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:03 pm

try nibbling on walnuts, works for me
linda

Walnuts?

Postby Lesley » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:44 pm

How many walnuts do you nibble on. I know that too many are very fattening.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Life is all about choice. Good choices lead to a great life!
Lesley

Postby linda » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:32 pm

walnuts are very high in antioxidants and they are not fattening, as they are full of the "good fats", and certainly less fattening than a bag of chips which is what I used to eat.
linda

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:34 pm

what about other types of nuts? I'm not a big walnut fan myself. I like cashews, pecans, brazils, hazles....any of them any good?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby linda » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:59 pm

no sorry, only walnuts. I chop some up and throw in with salads too! But I have to agree with you cashews taste much better.
linda

Postby Candice » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Hi everyone.

I've had this site saved in my favourites for many months and just come across it once again. I never realised it had a forum till today.

It's come to a point in my life where for years now I've been wanting to lose weight. I've always been a little on the heavy side and for once I want to be more healthy than what I am and to be in the healthy weight range. I love who I am now, but I need to look after myself a little more with my eating habits because I am a 'boredom eater'. I get bored very, very, very easily and since uni has finished for the year and I don't work full time I am home a lot so I tend to look in the cupboards a lot and fridge for food to keep me busy. I munch on sweet biscuits if we have them or cruskits, or just eat fruit or dairy.

I was going to the gym a few months ago and lost a few kgs but since my membership ran out I've gone into a hole and put on those few kgs again - so it's either now or never that I start looking after myself!!!! I have a goal to lose a fair amount of weight before my birthday at the end of March!

I think this forum will be a great tool for me and hope to get a lot from it.

Candice.
Candice

Postby BigM » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:31 pm

hello Candice, boredom generally gets the better of us. Don't be shy in joining in our daily diaries and speaking your mind in the various forum sections, there is always at least one listener. It's good that you're happy with yourself, this will help you as you progress to shed the kilos off... perhaps the best idea is to get out of the house to exercise. Once outdoors, say a jog or walk, you won't be near food and won't be as likely to crave. If you like sweet things, i guess yogurt is a good thing to eat. They're full of good bacteria, sweet, and better substitute than dairy. Be sure to choose the non fat one though. Anyway, best of luck in your weight loss journey, remember that there's always people here who want to help in any way possible, just feel free to discuss, or ask any questions you might have.
BigM

Postby Dolly » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:05 am

Hi Candice,
Wonderful to have you as a member of the weightloss forum. Nothing is a coincidence, you were meant to discover that thread you saved had a forum :D
Any questions you may have, just fire away, we'll be here for you.

hugs
Dolly

Next

Return to Introductions