It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Immortal is here...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Immortal is here...

Postby Immortal » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 am

Hey all... I've just signed on... Figured that with My Dad thinking heal have to bury me before he goes and the like it's time to start thinking about weight loss. Don't really know where to start either???

I'm 130kg, 170cm tall. And 25 years old...

And I'm afraid that whatever I do to lose weight is gonna take away from my enjoyment of life...

Well, that's some stuff about me... Hopefully I'll get to know some people around here now...
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby sassi » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:53 am

hey immortal & welcome.

i'm no expert, but i find calorieking.com.au really useful with giving me direction - it takes into account your height & weight, then tells you how many calories you should be eating a day - it also has a food & exercise diary to help you track how you're going.

when you say that you're worried you'll lose the enjoyable things about life when you're trying to lose weight - do you mean you'll feel like you're deprived or something? sorry - it's monday morning & my brain is still catching up! i always find that exercise helps - if i feel a bit deprived or anything (like my bf is eating something i really want), i do some exercise and those endorphins really kick in :)

i'm sure other people will have some awesome advice :)

best of luck with the journey :)
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:39 am

hey immortal welcome to the group :) best wishes for your weightloss. remember that you need to do this for yourself first and foremost- no one else. sing out if you need anything :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 am

he there :) Welcome to the forum
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby lng86 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:44 pm

I think the most important thing I have realised on my journey so far is that you can have everything in moderation. Moderation is key!!!

And, to be completely honest, being overweight or obese is no way to live. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I am not depriving myself of one single thing... I mean that. If anything - my life is better in so many other ways.

Hang in there... You're doing the best thing possible for yourself.

Good luck!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Welcome immortal to the forum, you need to find out what is going to motivate you to exercise to eat moderation drink lots of water & you need to have the motivation & the will power to lose weight yourself not just because a somone close to you want's you to loss the weight othewise it is not going to work. Weightloss isn't going to take away your life or be a burden you just have to include it into your everyday & start living life a bit healthier. You have made the right decission for a healthier life, Goodluck with your weightloss journey.
Chelle

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Hello Immortal and welcome to the group.

So much of this weight loss business is about your own attitude and mind set. For a long time I wanted to lose weight and partly put it off because I was concerned over how much I would have to change my life and then I would convince myself I didn't have to lose weight. Eventually I was honest with myself and realised that being overweight simply made me feel bad about myself and made me unhappy, not to mention that I wasn't a healthy person. The truth of it was it was all my own fault, I simply ate too damn much and did no exercise. When I finally owned up to this and took responsibility I felt able to do something about it. My mindset gradually changed to wanting to eat better. I began exercising to assist with the weight loss and found it made me feel great so I kept at it. These days it's just plain wierd to not do some sort of exercise most days. I eat much better and still have treats but I make sure they are treats and enjoyed as such rather than everyday food.

Anyway I am rambling. Have a good look at the home page for plenty of tips and articles to get you started.

Best of luck and remember.....it can't rain all the time!
:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Welcome

Postby Kitty kat » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Hi Immortal,welcome to the forum!! I know that you will find the guidance and support that you need along your journey. Everyone here is always keen to help. Don't be afraid- Losing weight will alter your life for the better.

Goodluck mate :D :D :D

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Kitty kat

Postby Immortal » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:45 am

Thanx everyone for your words of encouragement... I know I have to start trying to eat healthier and exercising more regularly...

I think I need to find something that is gonna keep me motivated... I've got lot's of reasons for wanting to lose weight, but none that offer motivation...

My future goal at this time is to work towards getting down to 100kg...

I guess my first step is to concentrate on drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water a day and cutting out drinking soft drink daily...

Again, thanx all...

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:58 am

Just another query... Those nifty little things at the bottom of your pages... Stating how much you weighed, where you are now, where you plan to be... How do I get one of them???

[/url]
Immortal

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:52 am

Immortal wrote:Just another query... Those nifty little things at the bottom of your pages... Stating how much you weighed, where you are now, where you plan to be... How do I get one of them???
hiya. i got mine from this website:

http://tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3

you just choose the design you want & enter your details - at the end you copy the bbCode for message boards and then paste it into your profile as your signature. :)
sassi

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Start with small steps other than the whole weightloss. So aim 5 kg weightloss & reward yourself when you reach it. See you are already starting to drinking water & thinking about eating more healthy. Find somthing to motivate youself like boxing, do you have a dog that need to be walked??? there is lot's of exercise thing's you can do. Write out a exercise / food diary plan it out throughout the week & stick to it. You could go & see a dietician they could help you get back on track. There is lot's of option you just have to find the right path that will keep you motivated.
Chelle

Postby shelbel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 pm

I loved that movie!!

Oh yeah, a big welcome to you!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby mistix » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:20 am

Hi, welcome! I use http://evenhealth.com for my food log and also got my ticker from there.
mistix

Return to Introductions