It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Finally joined!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Finally joined!

Postby Splashie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Hello :D

I am a long time lurker ( 8) ) and am finally wanting to get rid of these wobbly bits! I have never been slim, but have certainly been a lot slimmER. My weight started creeping up when I met my husband about 7yrs ago (gotta love the 'comfort zone'!) and since having my son 2yrs ago I have never really shifted a lot of the baby weight (or pre-baby weight lol).

I started taking Reductil about 6 months ago, but was put off by the side effects that I experienced.

I am looking at getting back into weight watchers on Monday, but have found forums to be so useful in other aspects of my life (mainly parenting!) so hope to gain inspiration, tips and a bit of fun along the way.

I am just so sick of feeling frumpy and heavy. I am sick of avoiding social situations and feeling inferior because of my weight. I feel sad when I look at photos of myself when I was lighter (never been slim though). I want to go to the beach with my toddler this summer and have fun with him without stressing about how to cover up the flab. I want people to think 'Wow' when they see me this summer.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know people on here and learning from the wealth of knowledge here.

Postby Jannie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi & welcome,

I am new here too, but have felt really welcomed and encouraged by everyone. It's great to have the support of others.

Good luck to you. I avoided the pool with my little girl as much as possible last summer. Although I guess I have been gradually adding weight for a long time, this was the point where I felt I couldn't appear in public in bathers for fear of looking ridiculous.

Well done on making a choice to change your life. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Hiya Splashie and welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find loads of support and advice here and many of us who share similar feelings and experiences. I look forward to getting to know you a bit better :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Splashie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Thanks for the lightning fast welcomes lol!

There is so much to get through on this board, luckily there is nothing on TV tonight and my husband is working tonight, so plenty of time to read up!

Postby KimE » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi Splashie and welcome aboard.

Good on you for joining weight watchers that has had some great results for others so best of luck.

This forum is great for that extra support and motivation when you need it.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby melogic » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:39 am

Gee your story sounds like mine. I feel exactly the same way about the beach situation. In fact I want to take my 2 month old son to the pool in the next coming months, however I refuse to buy bathers in a bigger size. Well done for taking the plunge. :lol:

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Hey splashie glad that you joined a big welcome to the forum, have a happy & healthy weight loss journey goodluck!!!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:14 pm

hi splashie welcome best wishes for your weightloss :) i also spend a bit of spare time on parenting forums and was a mod of one where i was a member for nearly 2 years but gave it up and now only come here to this fantastic forum and also Huggies :)

im sure you can lose the weight sensibly. take your time :)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi Splashie :) welcome to the forum love :)

Return to Introductions