It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Re-introducing Hayley

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re-introducing Hayley

Postby Hayley » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:53 pm

Hi guys,

So good to read everyone's posts - they're always so positive!

I joined this forum back in June and really didn't visit much. I have not lost any weight, instead, have put it on. I thought I'd re-introduce myself, in hope of receiving some motivational responses. Last time I joined, I think I had only 2 resonses, which was a bit disheartening.
Anyway, here goes:

My name is Hayley. I live in Exmouth (Ningaloo Reef), Western Australia. I am 26 years old and have a 2 year 4month old son. I have suffered from eating disorders during my late teenage years, weighing in at 51kg when I was 179cm tall, wearing size 6 clothing.

Well, my weight slowly increased, especially after having Connor nearly 2 and a half years ago and I find it very hard to get motivated to do exercise or eat healthily. I am an upper primary school teacher and find that by the time I get home, I am too tired to want to do any exercise.

I am now the heaviest I've evr been, weighing in at 88kgs and am a size 16. I am very depressed at the moment, avoid going out in public because I'm ashamed of what I look like and have now found that I've started avoiding my husband and I'm embarrassed of what he must think about my body!

I feel disgusting and want to lose weight badly, preferably 23kg.
I know I have a long way to go but would really appreciate regular contact with members of this site, to give and receive encouragement or advice.

I've thought of registering in the Body Blitz 12 week challenge but am a little scared of having to send in full length photos- back, side and front! I think that doing something like this might help and hey, the overall female winner wins $5000 - not a bad incentive!

I have also considered joining Global Health & Fitness. They offer personlised nutririon and exercise programs via the internet. It is a recommended site, advertised on this weightloss forum's home page. Has anyone had a look at the site or even joined? I'd be really interested in others' feedback before commiting to a membership to Global Fitness.

Anyway, am feel a little embarrassed now, after spilling out my feelings. Looking forward to regular contact via the forum, with others who are ultimately trying to achieve the same as me.

Regards, Hayley. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi Hayley,
Welcome back to the forum! I joined after you left so I'm new to you and vice versa!

Don't be so down on yourself. I used to hate my body and be embarrassed to go out in public. To the point that i wouldn't exercise for fear of people seeing me puffing and panting and think "hey look at her and how fat and unfit she is". In fact it spoiled one of my and my partner's anniversary trips to Wineglass bay becasue I cracked it 1/2 way up and cried and accused him of taking me on the trip (which involves a big hill) on purpose to embarrass and humilliate me. :(

I've since discovered that the more comfortable I am with who I am regardless of what my body looks like, the happier I am and the more likely I am to get out and do things like play badminton, meet new people and try new things. And now that i'm happier and more comfortable with who I am, my relationship with the bloke is improving too and we have made enjoying exercise together part of our relationship time.

the fact that you're a teacher (an often thankless job) shows that you're a caring, intelligent person who deserves the love of your partner, so don't be embarrassed around him! I assume since he's still there, he loves you for who YOU are regardless of your shape or size. Maybe you should try having a chat to him and telling him how you feel. If you've noticed you're avoiding him, he probably has too and might think it's becasue YOU don't find HIM attractive!

And you are most certainly welcome to jump on board again and share your feelings with us (I'm pretty sure I can say that on behalf of the other members).

I look forward to seeing you around!

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Thanks!

Postby Hayley » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:00 pm

Wow, thanks Tegan, that certainly was a quick response. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, they lifted my spirits that's for sure!

It really does make it a hell of a lot easier when there are people out there like you. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Chat soon,
Hayley.
Hayley

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:48 pm

Welcome back Hayley. Everybody is welcome here . I to have fallen off the wagon (to many times to speak of) What i have decided to do is bite the bullet and after the new year i am going to join our local Weight Watchers group as they have started a new program so i thought new program new me . I know the peeps on this site will welcome u with open arms
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Hi Jules

Postby Hayley » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:51 pm

Thanks for responding Jules. Good luck with the Christmas period and good on you for deciding to commit to weight watchers after new year's!

Cheers, Hayley.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:38 am

Hi Hayley, good to have you rejoin us again.
I remember that you live in Exmouth, one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in WA.
I also don't like my husband to look at my blubber body, I have so many reasons why I just have to shed this fat.
Dolly

Postby linda » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi Haley and welcome. Have you considered going to the gym? As you are a worker and mum, could hubby mind the littly so you can have some "me" time at the gym, would only take 30 to 45 mins, and you would only need to go 3 times a week to notice a difference.
linda

Hi Linda

Postby Hayley » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:55 pm

Hi Linda - good to meet you.

Believe me, I would go to a gym if we had one. I live in a small coastal town of about 1500 people in Western Australia and there is no gym in town!

I have invested in a treadmill, I have a fitball, some good exercise DVDs and hand weights - so there's no more excuses anymore.

Thanks for your advice though.

Cheers Hayley.
Hayley

Welcome Hayley

Postby Lesley » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Hi Hayley, Lesley here. I am like you don't like my husband to see my body anymore. I've also spent the last 4.5 years not doing activities or going swimming, even when on holiday at the coast. This year I've been trying to just be me. I've been doing more with the kids and (shock, horror, amazement) I took the kids to the local pool on saturday. We had a great time. I actually got to go in the hydrotherapy pool for 1/2 hour and I found it was geat. I just basically walked up and down and slide sideways up and down and did some Gym exercises, using the weight of the water. It was a good workout that was easy on the joints. Next year when we return from holidays I would like my hubby to look after the kids whilst I go and use the hydro pool during the week at night, and take the kids on the weekend.

You deserve to look at all the attributes that are good about yourself and see what a wonderful person you are. Self-talk is a real help. Your subconscious doesn't distinguish between reality and dreams. So until you get to goal you need to fake it. Say to yourself "I'm slim and beautiful. I'm eating healthy and am a healthy person." Your body will believe what you tell it and make it easier to make healthier choices. I'm working on this at the moment.

Goodluck with your progress.
Cheers Lesley
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Life is all about choice. Good choices lead to a great life!
Lesley

Postby BigM » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:48 am

Hello Hayley, welcome back to the forums. I think the best thing to do is gain confidence again, if what you are doing isn't fun or motivating anymore you will tend to fall track. Perhaps finding a comfort zone while exercising is a good idea, like for me i like going outdoors rather than perform indoor activities. In my opinion, outdoor walking or jogging is better in that you don't have a clock to constantly turn to, by going a certain distance, it's better than staying stationary and watching T.V. Plus by going outside, my mind usually turns away from exercise and in turn it doesn't become repetitive or boring.

Perhaps incorporating your husband into your exercise program might work. The two of you can go for walks, by having someone with you, insecurity is usually less and you feel more comfortable rather than walking alone in public. I am sure your husband isn't embarrassed by your looks and would be understanding in your weight loss goals.

But if you have no one to look after your son and have to walk alone, then perhaps some music can help take your mind away from what people think, generally other people do not care by your looks, and if they do criticised then shame on them.

The main factor of weight loss starts with your food intake. It is hopeless if you do 3 hours of running and eat 3 big macs, so perhaps substituting some unhealthy food with healthier ones is a good start. By eating healthy and doing little to no exercise, gaining weight won't really occur. The best bet is to find the things you like, maybe write a list of food that you like and determine which is healthy and which aren't.

Remember that weight loss doesn't only lead to better health, but also helps you feel better. And with consistant exercise, you become fitter, maintain or build muscles and lose even more weight in the long run.
BigM

Hi to Lesley and Big M

Postby Hayley » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:06 pm

A huge thanks to the 2 of you - I felt a lot better about myself just from reading your positive responses. I will try all of the things you have both suggested and let you know how it all goes.

The positive thinking thingy - I really like that! I have suffered from very low self esteem since my teenage years and it is something I desperately wish to overcome.

Thanks again and we'll chat soon,

Hayley.
Hayley

Postby dragonfly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Hi Hayley!!

I am new here myslef. I am 178cms tall.... we'd make a great pair :)

nice to *meet* you.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Fairie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Good to see you back Hayley. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:00 am

Thanks Fay - wow, congratulations, that's a huge loss so far! How long has it taken you and how did you do it?

It's so good to see so many people losing weight - it's inspirational and motivating.

Hayley.
Hayley

Postby Fairie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:01 pm

Thanks Haley,

I joined Sure Slim in April 05 and just got home from my weigh in and have lost another 4.5 kilos, thats over 3 weeks though.

So I'm pretty happy at the moment. :D :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Next

Return to Introductions