It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

I am feeling so motivated right now :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I am feeling so motivated right now :)

Postby Pipsi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Dear all

I am 25 years old and weigh 85 kilos!

When I met my now husband 3 years ago I weighed 69 kilos and I thought I was fat then! At 85 kilos I feel unhealthy, my clothes don't fit and I have decided it is time to do something about it! At 175cm tall, people gasp when I tell them I would like to lose 25 kilos but the fact of the matter is 25 kilos is not much less than what I was 3 years ago!

Last week one of the girls here at work told me how she had lost 20 kilos. She is now my mentor and I have been on my healthy eating plan (note NOT a diet) for 6 days. I have not strayed once and am finding it easier than I thought! Every day I sit down with her while she motivates me and we plan for the day ahead.

Here is an excellent tip that is working WONDERS for me - whenever you are craving chocolate for example (could be anything, cake, chips, etc), close your eyes, visualise yourself unwrapping the chocolate, putting it to your mouth and chewing it. Your brain will remember what chocolate tastes like so once you have mentally finished your chocolate bar open your eyes. Now ask yourself why you need the chocolate. You know what it tastes like now so why do you need to eat it?

I am so glad to have found this group and look forward to hearing and sharing experiences with you all.

Healthy food rules!

Pipsi :D
Pipsi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm

hey pipsi welcome to the group and thanks for the tip! i will remember that one for sure :) its nice to hear you have a mentor to help you along. i found alot of women here on the forum are mentoring me and have become my pillar of strength in the past present and future :) i hope you enjoy the forum as much as i do :) best wishes for your weightloss and join in when and where you feel comfy :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi & welcome Pipsi,
Good luck with it....Sound as if you've got a plan.

Hey Kate...How on earth do you add those fancy pic's into your Post's like that?????
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:43 pm

kate_turner2000

Postby Pipsi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Thanks Kate and Dave! And good luck to the both of you too!

Speaking of weight loss, we just had birthday cake for someone (just before I wrote this post). I popped a piece of mint gum in my mouth, went out and sung Happy Birthday and then hung around while everyone was eating cake! Woohoo I think I am so overcoming sweet cravings!

I am like the biggest binge and sweet eater ever! I have had no self control up until now where I have told myself this is it or its NEVER going to happen.

Some of my bad habits included :-

*Filling a measuring cup with icing sugar and then eating it all!

*Filling a measuring cup with cheese, melting it in the microwave and then eating it all melted. Yum but oh so bad!

*Finishing EVERY AND ANY open packed of anything in the house.

etc etc

SO BAD!

Anyway 6 days is early days but so far I have avoided everything sweet and have had no cravings whatsoever. I am hoping my weight loss journey (to weight 60 kilos by Deceber) won't be as hard as I thought!

*hugz* to all
Pipsi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:57 pm

hey pipsi well done! you are overcoming these things which is great news. the first few weeks can be hard but if you stick to your guns you will achieve great things :)

btw that cheese in the microwave sounds soo good lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Hey Pipsi :)
Sounds like you have it all organised! :D
Ill definately remember that tip this evening when the muchies hit! :D Welcome to the forum
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Pipsi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi Grace

Thanks for your kind words!

Oops btw I posted some similair stuff that I've said in this thread in the other weight loss forums cos I thought not everyone would check this one. Hope that's okay?

Thanks!
Pipsi
Pipsi

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi Pipsi - good luck for your weightloss journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Hello Pipsi and welcome aboard.

That is fantastic if you have a mentor and she is willing to sit with you and help plan each day. The motivation from that alone should help a great deal. We are all here too for support so feel free to join in wherever you feel comfortable.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:29 am

Thanks for the tip Kate......as you can see I worked it out. I even made my very own pen signature...Image
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:44 am

It looks great Dave :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks bunny,
How did you get TWO tickers in your signature like that. I tried on another forum, but it said, "your signature is too long"????

If your any good with paintshop pro...this is how you make your own PEN Signature:
http://www.gjdesigns.dk/tut06.shtml

Later
Dave

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:31 pm

I think it just depends on the ticker site that you use...I have tried to do 2 on tickerfactory and they didnt work...i think these ones were a bit shorter and from ticker central :) There is always a bit of info you can shave off without it affecting the ticker (like usually they say http://www.tickerfactory.com etc or url blah blah and u can usually cut it off...just takes some trial and error! :) )
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Hey pipsi welcome to the forum, have a happy & healthy weight loss journey goodluck!!!!! It's always good to have someone that will motivate you it will help you to get to your goal weight.
Chelle

Return to Introductions