It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise Virgin

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise Virgin

Postby thefatsmartgirl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 am

Hi Everyone. :D
Just wanted to introduce myself & explain what I'm doing here. As my name says most know me as the fat smart girl. And I'm here to change that. I'm 16, a highschool student & I weigh 220 lbs. :cry:
I want to loose 100 lbs by June 30, 2008. I know that's very ambitious but you shoot you shoot for the stars! I've made a promise to my self the I WILL NOT go to Prom fat and I WILL HAVE a boyfriend before highschool is over. Not only that but I can't wait to actually enjoy shopping and fit into those skipping outfits! I want to be happier and more confident. I know this may sound concieted or selfish, but the best motivators are, aren't they? :idea:

Postby Maraver » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:23 am

Forget the boyfriend bit that will come without you losing weight if they can't see the lovely person behind the weight they are not worth bothering with, but you aim for the stars and we will be with you every step of the way, every little bit of exercise you do however small is better than not doing anything
Whereabouts in Onatario do you live
I am looking forward to seeing you in your prom dress

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 am

hey there :) welcome to the group. i have a friend who lives in dorchester ontario :) i dont know what a skipping skirt is though :? best wishes for your weightloss. have you got any plans as to how you are going to lose the weight? have a look around here for some tips on what you should eat and what sort of exercise you should do. im sure you will look great at your prom and i think its better going on your own- its more fun! haha. i took a date to my formal or 'prom' and he was sooo boring and didnt want to do anything! it was embarrassing.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:14 am

Good on you for making a change now! In the teenage years the focus is so heavily on appearance etc so I can understand you wanting to use that as a motivator, and if that workd for you then that's great!! Just bear in mind that just because boys might say "cor, she's a bit of alright", doesn't mean they are necessarily nice boys to be with. Also bear in mind the health benefits as well as the cosmetic ones because they are the ones you are going to look back at in your 30's 40's 50's and say, "gee I'm glad I lost weight back then because it has made me so much healthier now!!"

There are a couple of other members on here in their teenage years so you aren't all by yourself and some of us were your age not so very long ago (I'm 24) so we are all here to help and listen and give advice when asked etc.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum :)
Good on you for making the decision to change your life and improve your health :)

Postby Lala » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:05 pm

I'm another person that can't wait to see what the Prom dress is gonna look like! :mrgreen:

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I spent a bit of time in Windsor and Toronto quite a few years ago. I loved it!

Good on you for getting on top of your weight now, sooner rather than later. I look forward to hearing about your progress :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

With a great deal of effort you may just make that goal or at least get very close. I wish you all the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby thefatsmartgirl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:08 am

All of you are really sweet, thank you everyone for all the support and encouragement. It's much appreciated! :D

Postby lng86 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:43 pm

It's not about the weight... It is about how you feel on the inside.

How you feel inside reflects on how you look on the outside.

Go to prom regardless - you'll look gorgeous!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Return to Introductions