It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Free Newsletter

hey all!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hey all!

Postby isolde » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Hey all,

I'm new.. I'm living in country victoria but am about to move back to Melbourne in the next few months..

I have been attempting to lose weight now for the last couple of years and have failed so far..

I've now started a new ambitious diet plan where I hope to lose 2 kg a week and by the end of the year be a healthy weight.. I know that is probably totally unrealistic so I may need to adjust my goals as I go along.. Thus I'm hoping to lose 50 kilograms and go down from 112 to around 65 kilograms..

Anyway, I kind of thought an internet forum could be a good way of motivating myself on this horrible journey..

I have managed to lose about 10 kilograms this year.. 6 of which through being in hospital for a week which I never put back on..

Recently had a diabetes scare where I was misdiagnosed with the disorder and that has really made me motivated to say no to junk food and exercise..

My plan so far is to have many smaller meals/snacks instead of big meals and to restrict cakes etc to one small treat once a week and limit carbohydrate intake to before 6pm..

On top of that I am attempting to exercise everyday although I am taking that slow at present because I had a horrible cold for three weeks and want to make sure it doesn't come back.. so this week I am only doing small walks and stretching exercises..

Anyway hope this wasn't too boring!! I look forward to reading this forum over the next few days and getting to know you all..

cheers,

isolde
isolde

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:24 pm

hey isolde welcome to the group- of course your intro wasn't boring its great to get some background on the members so we know where you are coming from :) remember that 0.5-1kg a week is the recommended amount lost for a female per week. drink lots of water! thats my tip :) feel free to join in the challenges and weigh ins on the forum and best wishes for your move to melbourne and your weightloss journey :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:25 pm

hi & welcome isolde :)

good luck with the weight loss & the move to melbourne - sounds like you're already heading in the right direction :)
sassi

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi isolde (gorgeous name by the way! :D)
Welcome to the forum! The ppl around here are lovely and very supportive :) Hope to hear how you are getting on with your weight loss plan :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Hello Isolde and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have a plan worked out. I agree with Kate 1/2 - 1 kg per week is what the health professionals recommend and this also helps to cement the new habits you will be learning. You may find some big losses at the beginning but it's not usual for that to continue over an extended period.

Stick to your plan and stay focused and you will get to your goals.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby shokoden » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:34 am

Hey Isolde welcome to the forum. Your plan sounds great i need to work on myself having smaller portions too. Hope to see some more of your posts around. Goodluck
shokoden

Postby Maraver » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:03 am

Hi and welcome I wish we could all lose 2 kilos a week I did for my first week and basically did the same things the week after and nothing lost the next week, so two kilos in two weeks is the way I look at it, I think I may not lose much this week but I feel a big shift coming in future weeks if I carry on the way I am going, take one day at a time and stay as positive as you are and you will get there
Pamxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby isolde » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 am

thank you all for your welcome!!

it sounds as if i'm being totally unrealistic on the 2kg per week goal and may need to readjust my goal and timeframe.. so depressing as it was just more motivating to think that this could all be over after six months...

oh well I'll wait until I weight myself on sunday and then reassess my plan... bit afraid i won't have lost any weight at all anyway..
isolde

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi isolde and welcome to the forum! You may find that it helps to reframe your thinking about this as not a punishment or chore, but an opportunity to become a healthier you for life - and who wouldn't want that!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:16 pm

Welcome to the forum Isolde. I would aim for 0.5 - 1 Kg don't be depressed about it try mini goal it's better to do it in step's rather the whole weight loss goal. Good luck have a happy & healthy weightloss journey!!
Chelle

Return to Introductions