It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

here goes 20kg!!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

here goes 20kg!!!!

Postby Rian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:04 pm

:? Hi everyone, I am new to this site, and know I need some extra motivation to get the results I need/want. I am currently 80kg, and want to get to at least 60kg, but the weight it not actually that important as I have quite a bit of muscle, and would prefer to get to a size 10! If only! I haven't been that size since I went to Uni and started eating and drinking far to much. That was 11 years ago now, and the weight has slowly but surely kept creeping on.

I have tried programs in the past, but have neve been abe to stick to them or long. I do exercise somewhat regularly and am just getting back into the gym this week. My problem I think, is portion sizes, I have tried cutting back, but what can I say, if it tastes good I want more damn it! Any tips??

Anyway I hope that introduces me a little, and I look forward to tracking progress and getting to know others here!
bye :wink:

:wink:

oh yeah how do you put a tracker on? I will try and work this out in the mean time!
Rian :)
Rian

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:11 pm

hey rian welcome to the group :) heres the link to help you out with a ticker :)

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865

perhaps check out calorieking website to see how much you should be eating in the way of portions etc. the food database there is really good. best wishes for your weightloss and sing out if you need anything :) enjoy your time at the gym
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Rian:D

i look forward to seeing your progress.... i too struggle when something tastes good i just cant stop.. sometimes i wish i didnt have a sense of taste.

as for the ticker question....

Click on my ticker and it will take you to a ticker website.. u will get to make one and then you will need to code it gives you... paste this into your signiture in edit profile..

does that make sense? im horrible at explaining
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

yay, worked it out

Postby Rian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your help, and supportive words, I will check it out. I managed to get a tracker, found it after I wrote the last message. I will seriously start tomorrow!!!!!

Rian

and more thanks

Postby Rian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Thanks also to grugwashere, I missed you message when I was typing the last one :P How long Have you guys been going ith this?
Rian

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:26 pm

going with weightloss? i lost 21kg previously starting at 91kg but i recently put back on some so i am relosing it again. the support on this forum is really helpful
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:28 pm

Hey welcome to the forum Rian :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:30 pm

ive been dieting on and off for a while.. i recently lost 9 kilos by doing nothing.. so it motivated me to start up again...
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Hello Rian and welcome to the forum.

Hmmm not going back for more is a hard one and unfortunately is a habit you will have to break. Try to look at it in terms of what your body actually needs vs what it wants. The difference is surprising.

All the best on your weightloss journey.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi Rian and welcome to the forum! It is hard to say no to that second helping hey. Like most lings it's just a habit to either learn/unlearn and a new way of thinking about things. Maybe if you want more, say to yourself "If I wait 20 mins and steel feel that I want more I can have it". The theory being after 20 min you will start recognising that you are full and reduce the desire to eat more of the offending food.

Maybe also a shift in thought about food so you savour each bit rather than scoffing it - kinda like the "French" food ideology, less but better quality.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 pm

Welcome tot he forum Rian, have a happy & healthy weightloss journey.
Chelle

Return to Introductions