It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm Llara

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm Llara

Postby warrior » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:58 pm

Hey,

I'm new to the forum, my name is llara and I am obsessed with food. I am not overweight, and so when I try to talk about my unhappiness people palm it off and think it can't be that bad because I'm not fat.
However I do binge, not only once a day, but sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day. I can go through a weeks worth of groceries in one day. I feel so guilty and embarrased, but I need to do something about it.
So I guess I have come here for support and to challenge myself not to gorge myself on food all the time!

:oops:
dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.

warrior

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:08 pm

hey llara welcome to the group :) there are a few of us here who also have problems bingeing. just because you arent overweight doesnt mean that you dont have issues with healthy living and food. you will feel really comfy here and sing out if you need anything. sometimes it feels good just to get it off your chest :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Hello Llara and welcome to the forum.

It is easy to fob off people when we don't think they are overweight and I am sure people have said to you how lucky you are to be able to eat anything and not gain weight but you are right bingeing is not a good habit. Even if it doesn't affect you physically, which it may at some point, it may well affect you emotionally and/or psychologically. Perhaps keeping a food/feeling diary. So not only do you record what you eat so that you are fully accountable but also how you are feeling so you can see if it is any specific emotion that triggers the eating.

Not sure if any of that will be of help and I am sure others will have great advice for you.

All the best with this and sing out if you help. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:25 pm

hi llara welcome to the forum :)
Bingers come in all shapes and sizes and believe me (as a binger myself) it is one of the hardest things to overcome....you wont come across any judgement here, just support and friendship :) Good luck with overcoming your disorder, and sing out if you would like to chat or need any help (Im at 8 days binge free today, which is the longest in years Ive gone without one :D hardest thing i have done in my entire life, but it really is getting that bit easier each day) Welcome hun :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:35 pm

welcome along llara :)

alot of us seem to have problems with binging, i know for myself recording what i eat helps alot. i use calorie king and i have my set ammount of calories to reach in a day so i try and make sure i get as much food within my calories as possible, which makes me eat healthy low cal stuff :)
good luck and yell out for any support, theres always someone online
Jisgone

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 am

Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm like you and have problems with bingering and it doesn't help when I need to lose weight. Good luck on your journey.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi Llara and welcome to the forum. It's probably good to address the issue now since otherwise you may end up being overweight and then the habit will be even more ingrained and harder to shift. try taking note of everyhthing you do, when you binge, what you eat, how you felt at the time etc. You might start noticing a pattern and be able to identify triggers. Once you've got that you can start working on ways to stop binging when you are exposed to the trigger.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Welcome aboard, Llara - I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Welcome to the forum Warrior :D
Chelle

Postby warrior » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi all, thank you so much for your warm welcome!! :D Any help or suggestions would be great.

It is such a personal and embarrasing problem. I do competitive taekwondo, which means weight divisions and weigh ins. Which is possibly the most stressful thing I can think of, getting on the scales in front of people!! And if I'm not the right weight, being disqualified. The worst bit is how much my weight alters, one month I might be scrapping in at the 51-55kg div, but the next month I'm stressed just making the 55-59kg div. This plus the fact that I am quite short, and most of the other girls are tall and thin makes me panic.

I had a comp this weekend just gone, and I knew I needed to watch my weight, and yet the day of the weigh in, just a few hours before getting on the scales, i ate a whole loaf of white bread. Of course then I was in the bathroom trying to bring it up and berating myself. Ended up going to the gym and the sauna.

I have no idea how to stop myself, I have tried food diaries, tried distracting myself, giving myself goals, preplanning food, keeping busy, but it doesn't stop me. It is really starting to freak me out, to the point where I don't even have to put my hand near my mouth to make the food come out. I have also gone to dietiations and phychiatrists etc.

The problem is I understand the negative thought pattern, and I know how to eat healithy, I just can't stick to it.

Sorry for such a long post. :oops:
dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.

warrior

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:24 pm

llara please don't worry about the long post. you've come to exactly the right place for support, honest feedback and maybe even some suggestions!

you're definitely not alone in bingeing & i can relate to the knowing you're about to do the wrong thing, but going ahead and doing it anyhow.
sassi

Postby warrior » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:10 pm

thanks!

Its very frustrating isn't it? Why do we do it? I don't even enjoy the taste of the food!!!

warrior

Postby ali » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:42 pm

Hey Llara and welcome! Im pretty new here too, but I have found this site really helpful already.

I too am a confessed binge eater. I hadnt binged in about 5 days until today, when I was upset because I missed my bf and the stress of living alone and uni got to me and so I turned to food for comfort, now I just feel sick!

I hate binging, its the one thing thats prevents me from losing weight, no matter how hard I try. I know the reasons why I binge, and I know how to say no and eat healthy, but it is just so hard! I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I guess we just have to try and take one day at a time, and if we fall off the wagon, we have to get back on and keep trying, instead of giving up! No one is perfect after all!

This site is great if you need some support, advice or help. There is always someone here who will help, and we are all here for the same reason, so its nice to know that there are people who understand what you are going through.

Good luck with your journey and all the best.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Return to Introductions