It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

New and Nervous

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and Nervous

Postby thisisthegirl » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi, I'm new. To the forum at least, and not to the whole "trying to lose weight" side of things.

I've been lurking around the forum since around the beginning of the year, and have finally had the guts to sign up and introduce myself.

Basically my quick back story is that at the beginning of 2005 I made a decision to lose weight and did quite well, losing around 30 kg pretty rapidly. But since then, I've been massively stuck around the 80kg mark and have countlessly said to myself that "I'm starting again tomorrow, and am going to do it this time". Only to dissappoint myself every. single. time.

I'm sick of the cycle of getting back on the wagon and then majorly falling off again, usually a couple weeks later and thus regaining any weight I manage to lose. I've also turned into somewhat of a binge eater and right now as I type I've pretty much been on a four day "bender" and feel absolutely sick to my stomache and fit to burst.

I've also tried to do this whole weightloss thing by myself too. None of my friends and family really know the struggle I've had with myself over the last few years and the issues I've had surrounding food, because I'm so sensitive about being overweight and people's reactions to me. So basically that's why I've signed up here, because at least it's a step in opening up myself to others and knowing that I'm surrounding myself with people with common goals and similar struggles. I've always been really independent and wanting to do things for myself, but right now I really have to admit that maybe I can't do this completely alone, and I'm really hoping that just posting this here is the first step in the right direction.

As I said at the beginning, I initially lost weight in 2005, and now that it's 2007 I kind of want by the end of the year to lose the final 15kg that I'm going for. I really want to kind of be able to close the book on the struggle of the past 3 years, and then get on with my life of being happier and healthier and maintaining a healthy weight.

I don't know how often I'll post around here, because I'm still pretty shy and reserved about things, but I feel better knowing that I've put myself out there and admitted to some stuff out loud (well, in typed format anyway). I really hope this provides me with the motivation I need to finally take control of things once and for all, because at the moment it's too stressful for me to keep doing what I'm doing instead of trying to change myself for the better. Thanks for listening!
thisisthegirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:52 pm

welcome thisisthegirl :)

good on you for taking the step to post on the forum. you would pretty much know all of us here since you have been here since the start of the year :) feel free to join in when and where you feel comfortable- theres no pressure. congrats on losing weight in the past, you know you have it in you to lose the final 15 kg you just need to believe in yourself :) take care and best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:10 pm

welcome along :)

it is so hard to get back on the wagon once u fall off, but each day will get easier and the cravings lessen. have u tried counting calories to help keep track?
Jisgone

Postby KimE » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can post and interact as little or as much as you feel comfortable with. We are here to help you when you need it.

Well done on your weightloss to date, that is a fantastic effort and something to be proud of.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi :) Welcome to the forum :D only post when you feel comfortable (we are a lovely group of ppl, though :D) good luck with your weight loss xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck on your weightloss and you made a good choice to do something about it.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:00 pm

welcome to the forum! It's one of the benefits of a forum, you can be as anonymous as you like but still be part of a supportive group of people. Like you, I list 30kg pretty steadily and have been stuck 5kg from goal for some time and have had a month or so of real struggle adn regained 3kg, so I can empathise with where you are coming from. Keep at it though since any effort you make will have benefits in the long run.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :) Congrats on the weightloss to date. 30kg is awesome! The great thing about a plateau is that you're not putting it all back on.

You'll find plenty of advice and encouragement here, so stick around. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:54 pm

Welcome to the forum I'm glad that you joined :D
Chelle

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Welcome!! Im a bit of a lurker sometimes.. i dissapear for a while and then lurk before i come back.. Kate caght me last time hehehe
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Return to Introductions