It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 am

Free Newsletter

Hi All, Hoping too lose weight slowly.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All, Hoping too lose weight slowly.

Postby Searching501 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a crash dieter all my life, and was bulimic for three years during this time (have been recovered for over 2 years now though).

Ever since recovering from my eating disorder i still don't feel completely in control with my eating. I rarely purge anymore, but I still binge to an extent at night, and can't seem to get that aspect under control. I am only slightly overweight (around 72 KG's, at 166cm), but still will never be comfortable with my self and my weight until i get my eating under control.

I have lost and gained the same ten KG's over and over again, and I think the problem is that i restrict myself too much and lose weight too fast, denying myself my favorite foods, until when it comes time to maintain I end up caving in and going back to my old habits.

So this time I am hoping to lose weight really really slowing, still enjoying my favorite foods, but just trying to be more healthy in general and amp up the exercise. My aim is to lose the 7 or so KG's by around the new year, or however long it takes, but I guess my real aim here is to finally learn to be healthy and happy, to develop a healthy relationship with both food and my body.

The weird thing is that it's actually a lot easier just to go on a diet like i used to and lose weight quickly, because the thrill of losing weight is what motivates me to keep going. So I guess for me, I'm doing it the hard and slow way!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know who i am, nice to meet you all, and hopefully I can find some like minded people around!
Thanks for reading
Heidi :)

Postby molligrub » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:26 pm

Welcome Heidi!! 8)

Glad to hear you're doing it the proper way this time. I also struggle with trying to lose weight the sensible way, but with the help of everyone on this forum I'm sure I can do it, as will you!!!

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:04 pm

welcome heidi to the forum you will feel really comfy here, best wishes :)

p.s. my daughters name is Heidi too :)

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Hello there Heidi and welcome to the forum. I seemed to always gain and lose and gain and lose. This time, I've been losing weight REALLY slowly - about 300gm per week! At times it's frustrating, but I know it's good for me in the long term because I will be able to sustain what I'm currently doing. All the best for your weight loss journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby KimE » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Heidi and welcome to the group.

I think the key is finding/learning or teaching your body to enjoy healthier foods. Foods that you would be happy eating for life and enjoying treats on a more occasional basis. Nothing wrong with doing the weight loss slowly, then you can build up new eating habits along the way.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Heidi. Thankyou for sharing your storie. Glad to see you are on the right path. All the best on your weightloss journey.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi heidi and welcome!
What i try to do (and I say try) is to focus on healthy, not necessarily weight loss. That way my mindset should hopefully get stuck in healthy mode so that even when I am at my goal weight, I will be still trying to be healthy rather than have the mental attitude that i've reached my goal so that's that done then. I am struggling with that a little at the moment though.

Hopefully you can find something that works for you this time!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Searching501 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.
See you all aorund. :D

Return to Introductions