It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Free Newsletter

I am here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I am here!

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:08 am

After months of browsing the forum, picking tid bits of information (and generally not putting it to use :P ) in the process I have finally decided to register!

Quick intro : I am a 23 year old Male from Sydney. I have always been overweight, but not as much as now - I have put so much on that I am scared of jumping on the scales :roll: :lol:

Last month I did this thing where I denied myself all processed/oily/fatty foods yet ate a healty amount (mostly grilled chicken breasts, steaks, vegetables, fruits, etc) but last week i ordered a pizza, oops.

Anyhow, in the last week I have had an overflow of motivation to get myself into shape and good health, I know usually these last only a matter of days (we've ALL been there), so I want to strike while the iron is hot :!:

Anyhow, this is where I shall begin my journey to happiness and good health, and where it will end, I don't really know where to begin so I'll just start walking everywhere :P

Take care!
Suminoya Buffet

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 am

welcome to the forum :) i am glad you officially joined and as you said, striked whilst the iron is hot :) its the best way to go i reckon. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! Good on you for getting through a week of good eating, it's always the first week that is the hardest and just because you ordered pizza one day doesn't mean you can's go back to healthy eating tomiorrow!! keep it up!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Welcome to the forum and all the best for your weightloss journey. If you don't like the scales, take some body measurements. I wish I'd done it at the start of my journey so I could see the progress I'd made.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Love the cute cat pic...LOL.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:41 pm

Thanks everyone!

I started walking home from work yesterday, it's just over 5 kms and took me an hour and a half :oops: I thought I was going to die and I cursed God endlessly for ENDLESS HILLS :P
Suminoya Buffet

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Suminoya Buffet, love the pic of the cat lol, good to see you have started walking your on the right path & goodluck with yur weightloss.
Chelle

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:34 pm

welcome to the forum!

sounds like you've made an excellent start with the walking :)

just remember - it doesn't matter how long it takes you :) and you'll find you start doing it faster and faster. if you're a competitive person it's a great way to see progree (i love seeing my times improve!)
sassi

Postby Ophir » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Suminoya Buffet wrote:Thanks everyone!

I started walking home from work yesterday, it's just over 5 kms and took me an hour and a half :oops: I thought I was going to die and I cursed God endlessly for ENDLESS HILLS :P

Good luck! I also walk home from work. It is 5.5kms. When i started 2.5 years ago at my heaviest it would take me 90 mins. It now takes 65-70mins depending on the traffic lights and if i have to stop at the supermarket on the way home. I still even now hate the hills with a passion!
Ophir

Return to Introductions