It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

Back where I started...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back where I started...

Postby desert_me » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm back again, after regaining all my lost weight.
Last year, with the help of this board, I lost 13 kgs, going from 86 to 73. Within stone's throw of a normal BMI (70kgs).

Then Christmas came, and after I broke my diet, I just couldn't stop eating all the foods I'd cut back on so drastically.

I've been through a lot of stress and loss this year, too, which hasn't helped.

However, I am back up to 85.4kgs, and feel and look revolting.

I've tried Cohens, and Weight Watchers this year, but those diets just didn't fit my lifestyle at all. Counting calories, lots of walking, and flexibility to break the diet occasionally worked for me before.

Here's hoping I'll stick to it again!
desert_me

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:58 pm

Welcome back! At least you know you can do it! Try not to be too hard on yourself, perhaps take a little time to really look at what led to your slip up in maintenance and that way when you lose the excess this time you might be able to stop the backslide!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:06 pm

hey desert me, great to see you and your ticker :) (i remember people by their tickers hehe). good on you for coming back. never mind about the weight gain, think of it as a learning curve. we have all been there and know how it feels. keep your chin up :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi desert_me and welcome back, good to see you again.

Try to make whatever you do this time be something you can continue once you've lost the weight. If you love something, don't cut it out altogether but limit it maybe once a week, once a fortnight that sort of thing. Then you won't feel like you are missing out so much.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:42 pm

Welcome back to the forum desert_me, you have loss the weight before you can do it again. If this forum help's you to loss the weight then just keep coming back good luck with your weightloss.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you've done it before, you can do it again :D I guess this time, with a speical focus on maintenance :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:36 pm

desert_me - we must be weight loss/gain twins! i did exactly the same thing - lost 12kg last year and then ate my way back to the starting point over christmas....and beyond.

good luck - you know what worked before so i'm sure it will again. look forward to hearing about your progress :)
sassi

Postby Ophir » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:36 pm

Good luck Desert_me. I know the feeling of gaining back all the weight all to well.

Just take one day at a time. Im sure you will get to your goal.
Ophir

Postby HeatherL » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:20 am

How about we all put our heads together and come up with some low fat yummies we can all enjoy at Xmas without worrying about breaking all those good habits we've worked so hard to achieve.
Here's a few to start.

Roast Turkey.

6kg turkey
20g butter
6 rashers fatless bacon
1 quantity stuffing ( see next recipe)

Clean turkey inside and remove all giblets, neck and excess fat from cavities. Loosely stuff upper and lower cavities with stuffing. Tie legs together with unwaxed kitchen string. Tuck wings and neck flap under. Brush with half the butter. Lay bacon over breast. Place turkey on a roasting rack in a roasting pan a little larger than the turkey. Cover with baking paper and foil and tuck over edges to seal. Place on lowest shelf in oven, so turkey is in centre of oven and roast for 1 hour. Remove and rebaste with remaining butter. Recover securely and roast for another 1 1/2 hours. Remove bacon and roast uncovered for another 30min or until turkey is cooked through. Juices should run clear when thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. When cooked, rest turkey covered on a warm plate . Carve and serve , remember though No SKIN AND ONLY A VERY LITTLE STUFFING FOR US.

Lemon, Onion and Sage stuffing.

1/2 cup pine nuts
60g Butter
2 tbspn olive oil
2 lge brown onions
1 tbspn white sugar
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
6 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
2 lemons, rind finely grated
2/3 cup raisins.

Cook pine nuts in a large nonstick pan until golden. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add butter, oil, onion and sugar to hot pan. Cook stirring until onion is soft. Add sage and cook a further 2 min.
Add onion mix, breadcrumbs, lemon rind and raisins to pine nuts and using clean hands, mix well until combined. Cut lemons in half and place 2 halves in lower cavity. Loosely fill upper and lower cavities with stuffing. Place remaining lemon halves in lower cavity. Tie turkey legs and cook as above.

Hasselback Pototoes
( serves 10)

2kg sebago potatoes
Light olive oil spray
2 garlic cloves ( crushed)
1/2 teaspoon grated light cheese for each spud.

Preheat oven to 220C. Peel potoates and cut in half. Thinly slice each potatoe without cutting all the way through. Place cut side up on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil spray and sprinkly with crushed garlic. Roast until just cooked, sprinkle with cheese and roast until cheese melted and golden.

Cranberry Sauce Gravy.

1 cup reserved turkey juices
2 tbspns plain flour
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup cranberry sauce.

Pour turkey juices into a heatproof and using a large metal spoon, skim all fat from surface.
Using the pan we roasted the turkey in over a medium heat, add the flour and 1/4 cup pan juices. Stir with a fork. Cook for 2 - 3 mins or until mix comes to a boil. Gradually add remaining stock and pan juices. stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add cranberry sauce to gravy and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 - 8 mins or until gravy thickens slightly. Serve with turkey.

These may not be the lowest fat recipes but are certainly a lot better than the usual roasted in fat. And these taste awesome.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:58 pm

welcome back
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby mel74 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Try not to be hard on yourself. I'm sure there are very few among us who haven't lost and gained the same ten kilos many times over.

I think you need to put your past behind you. You can't undo the past months so why not pick out the "lessons" of whats happened and use them to power on in the future.

And a big hug because I can relate to how disappointed you are feeling.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Postby Maraver » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Welcome back to another Adelaidian
its always a struggle restarting but you will get there
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Introductions