It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Free Newsletter

new to this hoping it will help

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new to this hoping it will help

Postby marie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:32 am

hello everyone my name is marie and have just srtarted a diet again :? the last time i got down to 13 stone but have since gone back upto 16 and a half :oops: . i would like help from people to keep me motivated as am determined to get down to my ideal weight of 11 stones. :wink: i hope you are all having a good new year. marie :)
marie

Postby Fairie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:46 am

Hi Marie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get heaps of support from everyone here and we have a daily food and excersise diary that keeps us honest so join right on in.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:47 am

Hi Marie, welcome on board! you will find plenty of encouragement and support on here! Feel free to join in on the food and exercise diaries to keep track of your efforts and ask as many questions as you can think of - there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here to answer them.

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:17 am

Welcome marie .As everyone has said there is heaps of tips and ppl here to keep u motivated .Jump on in and have fun
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:05 am

Hi Marie, great to have you join the forum.
16.5 stone is 104.7 kilograms according to this conversion chart - http://www.tellmehowto.net/tools/stonetokilogram.php

But then again it's probably easier if you just monitor it in stone, so you can understand your progression.
Dolly

so kind

Postby marie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:25 am

hello again. everyone has been most welcoming thank you :lol: would just like to say fay well done on all you have lost so far has this site helped alot? is any one with a slimming club? have to admit doing this on my own as can't afford slimming clubs but hopefully you guys will help motivate me :wink: and me you. take care.
marie

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi Marie, I was with Weight Watchers and am still signed up with eDiets for another month but don't bother to use it as I found most of the people were only there to chat to each other over any topic except weight loss. Here I coud get 24 hours of emotional help and support 7 days per week.
I remember once asking my WW instructor once if I feel like binge eating, am I able to call you or is there a help line? and she replied no. just write down what you ate and we will discuss it in a weeks time.
But once I belonged to the Weightloss Forum and I posted that I was about to eat some chocolate, 2 people were here on line to talk me out of it (what more could a person need) Other than a live in good looking male nutritionist to keep me in line that is :lol:

So this free weightloss forum is all a person needs.
Dolly

Postby BigM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:20 pm

Welcome Marie, like everyone said, there are various threads for discussion if you feel like it, or if you any question im sure someone will be able to answer it for you... also the food diaries and exercise diaries are there for you if you feel like using it as well.

Good luck on your weight loss progress :)

P.S thats bad Dolly, it certainly doesn't help people in the end as during the off Weight Watchers period, people tend to act differently without the support... thank goodness for the weight loss forum :)
BigM

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Welcome Marie

I only joined this forum a week ago and everyone has been so friendly I already feel like part of the 'family' and boy have I found some excellent advice.

I wonder if you would find it more motivational to look at your weightloss in terms of kilos. You could break your main goal into little baby goals, for instance, every 3 kilos you lose (that's 1/2 a stone) reward yourself with something, it doesn't have to cost anything. This way you will be constantly motivating yourself.

I'm breaking my main goal into lots of 3 kilos so it doesn't seem so daunting and so I'll stay motivated eg. if I really want a new CD it will spur me on to meet that 3 kilo goal so I can buy it.

Anyway, good luck in your weight loss journey and welcome once again.

Angel
Last edited by Angel on Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Fairie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:43 pm

Thanks Marie, I am doing Sure Slim but the people on this site are awesome. I have always been a Yo-Yo Dieter but this time I have found it much easier to continue and that's due to the input from this site I believe.

My contract with Sure Slim finishes around August and if I'm not at goal weight by then I won't renew because I think with the support from the people here I will be able to keep loosing. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

hello again

Postby marie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:11 am

thanks guys. feel good being able to chat with other people who are doing the same thing :D my mum is also giving me four pounds for every two pounds i lose so its gonna cost her a fortune hopefully :wink:
marie

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:06 am

Wow what a nice mum you have. What part of England do you live in? I was born in Buckingham shire, I moved to Australia when I was 12.
Dolly

bedford

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:08 am

hello dolly lucky you living in australia am in bedford thats not to far from milton keynes :)

Postby Dolly » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:34 am

I hear you've had some nasty cold weather in England, I'm so glad australia doesn't have snow here in the west.
Dolly

snow

Postby marie » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:35 am

there was snow from boxing day til new years and was around minus 12 but all good now just cold.
marie

Return to Introductions