It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Free Newsletter

total lifestyle makeover!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

total lifestyle makeover!!!

Postby CRUMPET » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi everyone. I am very new to this sort of thing (posting not dieting) so please bear with me!! I gave up smoking 1 month ago and have put on 5 kilos since. I was overweight anyway so I am now going to get serious about becoming healthy. I have joined ww in the past and have failed everytime but I think this is the best option for me because I have a family and it is easier to cook for them whatever I am eating. I have all the books at home so I am not going to join. I struggle mostly with the exercise as I am just not motivated and find it totally boring!!! but I will try to add a few hours in a week. So, here I go again on the rollercoaster of weightloss. I really need to lose about 20 kilos but only put a few kilos on my ticker so it doesn't seem so daunting. I look forward to the support that I know I will get from you all, maybe that is why I have failed in the past.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNZBAJY/]
[/url]
CRUMPET

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 pm

hey crumpet welcome to the group. it sounds like you have made a sensible decision about cooking at home and including the family. just watch your portions! and also in regards to the ticker showing only a few kilos. small steps lead to giant leaps and i am sure you will do fine. sing out if you need anything
kate_turner2000

Postby loveat116 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi Crumpet (I love crumpets!)

Congratulations on quitting smoking! Welcome to the forum, everyone here is really helpful, good luck with your weight loss journey!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Crumpet and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Hello Crumpet and welcome to the forum.

All the best with you weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby mel74 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Congrats on quitting smoking, that must have taken a huge amount of discipline on your part. Well done!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Postby HeatherL » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:26 pm

I have to give you the biggest congratulations ever on giving up smoking . I am a heavy smoker ( 30+ a day but down from 50) but can't seem to take that final step of giving up completely. Tell me how did you do it, I've tried patches, pills, cold turkey and all failed miserably. I want to but hate that withdrawal symptoms, even the money saved couldn't motivate me.

Like you I have only joined the site tonite and so far I am very inspired to lose that 20kg by summer. I've got the kids making sure that I only drink water, juice or tea and have found the kids sized plates for my main meals. I aim to walk my daughter to school every day ( weather permitting) and not visit the Sara Lee factory.

I hope I stay motivated and have dug out my old size 8 bikini and hung it on the wall as inspiration.

Do you think I will be trying to do too much by trying to lose weight and give up smoking at the same time? :? :? :?
HeatherL

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 pm

hey heather there are some people here trying to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time. not sure how theyre going with it though because it would take a lot of dedication and hard work i can imagine!

re: sara lee factory- thats where my friend brought some meat pies that had cows hide in it that looked like an eyelash. pm me if you want to see a photo of it.
kate_turner2000

Postby HeatherL » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:21 pm

OMG. I only bought sweets there but now won't go ever again. I hope your friend reported it to the Health dept.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:22 pm

HeatherL wrote:OMG. I only bought sweets there but now won't go ever again. I hope your friend reported it to the Health dept.

yeah she did and they came and took the 'eyelid' thing away for testing.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 am

Hey crumpet welcome to the forum. Congratulation for giving up smoking with the weight gain it is probly false of habit with putting thing's in your mouth so that you are subsituting smoking with food. Mini goal's are the best way to go, that way your not looking at the whole weightloss & you you can reward yourself with a treat for every 5Kg loss. Good luck with your weightloss.
Chelle

Return to Introductions