It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

Yet another attempt!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Yet another attempt!

Postby fessingup » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:02 am

Hi to anyone who is reading this. I was so happy to have stumbled across this site. I am a yoyo dieter, either extremes of the spectrum ( though I must confess the too slim bit is never a title I hold onto for long) I am so truly tired of living like this. Emotional eater is another term for me as well. Food has been a constant source of either pleasure or pain for me. I have never been nuetral about it. I have punished my body so much during my lifetime and the evidence is there to prove it. It dictates my life. When I am "up" (overweight) I have no confidence, my social life is non exisitant, I barely want to leave the house for work or even shopping. I am not sure yet what purpose it serves me to have the weight on, I am not sure if it serves to "rein me in" keep my servile...I know that there are huge issues I have to deal with in regards to my relaitonship with food and I long for the day I will see it as just fuel for my body instead of a crutch for every emotion ( usually of the negative) that I have to face. Ok, so i have " fessed up". You know, made some acknowledgement at least that "I" do have a deep rooted problem/issue with food and I must endeavour to tackle it before I am beset with diabetes, heart problems and the myriad of health problems being overweight can give to me. I hope I can "meet" people who are in similar circumtances and understand what the heck I am writing and feeling. Cheers
"fessed up"
fessingup

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:11 am

hey fessing up
reading that i can definately associate with the things you are saying, and in saying that i reckon that many other people here on the forum can vouch for the same thing too. sometimes just confessing things can take a lot of weight off yur shoulders and gives you a clean slate to work off. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:35 am

Hello Fessingup and welcome to the forum.

You made some really good points in your intro and the part about thinking of food as fuel rather than a crutch is really good thought process if you can hold onto it in your head. That way of thinking will help you to make better choices and you would be more likely to eat in relation to your energy needs rather than emotional needs. I found by fiinding out what is in the food I eat and what my body gets from that food went a long way to helping this mindset.

Sing out if you need any help and I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tinka » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi fessed up :)
I am another who can fully relate to what you wrote.
I too have an issue with food... one of the best lessons I have learned is to stop rewarding myself with food... it is a hard thing, as it is something I have done my entire life.
I was thinking that when I get to my goal weight, I want my husband to take me out to dinner... but, that is rewarding myself with food. So, I have decided he and I will have a day at a day spa instead. Its been a had lesson... but, it is sinking in slowly... and I know this is just 1 of many lessons I need to learn in order to lose weight and hopefully keep it off.
Wishing you all the very best.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBoX62q/]
[/url]
Tinka

Postby milkyway » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :) All the best with your weightloss journey.

I too have always been rewarded with food. Now I'm substituting it with other things like massages and clothes :)

I look forward to hearing about your progress
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby HeatherL » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi and welcome. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please keep us posted on how your going.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:56 pm

welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing about your progress!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Hi im new too!

Postby fairyweighty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:14 pm

Am afraid to weight myslef.I was 89kg but have lost some weight!have fallen off the wagon and want to get back on it!hopefully this site will help me.
fairyweighty

Postby HeatherL » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Just ask and if we can help we will.

Don't be afraid of the scales, they only monitor your progress, how else are you going to know how much weight you've lost. And lose it you will. Keep the faith.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Return to Introductions