It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby tamlee » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Hi everyone, and thanks for having such a wonderful forum full of interesting reading :)

I'm 32 and weigh in at around 75kg, I gave up smoking a few weeks ago. Before that I had started to exercise more, hoping for one that I might not put to many kgs on with the smoke quitting but also for my health.

I have never been a tiny person but after having my 4 kiddies I have found it even harder to loose weight. My children are 4, 6, 7 and 9 years old so now that three of them are in school its time for me to take more care of myself.

Anyway will catch you around the forum :) I'm looking forward to getting involved.

:wink:
tamlee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:54 am

HI tamlee welcome to the group :) another mum on board! thats great to see :) i am sure you will lose the weight you are hoping to lose with dedication encouragement and support. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:08 am

Hello Tamlee and welcome to the forum.

Well done on giving up smoking and all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby sassi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:20 am

hi tamlee & welcome :)

good work on giving up smoking :)

good luck with your weightloss journey!
sassi

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Tamlee - congrats on giving up smoking! If you can do that, you can do anything :)

I look forward to hearing about your weightloss progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:27 pm

hey :D Welcome aboard ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 pm

oh and congrats on giving up the fags! :D its sooo hard to do but so worth it ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi Tamlee and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby tamlee » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:38 pm

thanks heaps for the welcomes :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby HeatherL » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:07 pm

:D :D :D A huge CONGRATULATIONS on giving up the fags. The bloody things are my biggest weakness. I'd gowithout food before I'd go without a smoke. How did you do it. I've nearly talked myself into yet another attempt to quit but think I need to get my eating habits right first.

The stupid thing is that no one else in the family smokes or even the neighbors, so this should make it easier but it doesn't. any advice you can give would be appreciated.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby tamlee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:13 am

Hey ya HeatherL

My hubby gave up 2 years ago so I used to sit outside by myself smoking, now I think of how silly it was when i could of been inside watching a movie, chatting to the hubby or riding the exercise bike ( I think I have an addiction to it at the moment LOL)

I'm using nicotine replacement gum which is helping a lot. It will be three weeks since I gave up tomorrow and I might get one craving a day, which I get rid off by jumping on my exercise bike and going like a bat out of hell LOL, and I drink a lot of water now too as it fills me up when I get food cravings :)

I think the main thing to do when deciding when to give up is to either make a quit date or just straight out decide then and there that you don't want to be controlled by the fags anymore.

Second thing is to make sure that you hang around with people who think smoking is disgusting LOL so they will continually remind you why you shouldn't be smoking.

Tell everyone when you give up, I found this has worked for me as I don't want to go back on my word if you understand what I mean.

Try the QuitCoach http://www.quitcoach.org.au/default.aspx I have found that good especially when I was worried about how I was supposed to feel for the first week after giving up.

I am 100% sure I will never smoke again, this is the first week since I started smoking when I was 14 I'm now 32 that I haven't used my puffer! I can run not far but I can do it where as before I wouldn't of even attempted it. I still have a cough every now and then but its not like a smokers cough, my body is cleaning all the muck off my chest its pretty disgusting and if you are able to get to that stage after seeing what comes off your chest I don't think anyone would want to smoke again! I just feel fantastic :) Sometimes I miss smoking but then I just remember how good I feel and how yummmmmmmy food tastes now ( its amazing how quickly the body starts to repair ) ......

I really think that the exercising has helped me to get through the first three weeks :) that's another plus....

I wouldn't sit here and try to convince anyone to quit smoking, because I think its important that they make their own decision when to quit. All I can say is that besides the health benefits its nice to feel in control of your own life and not be controlled by the ciggies :)

Hope that helps, remember to make it your decision though read as much as you can. Please feel free to pm me if need help.

Take care :)

tam
[/url]
tamlee

Postby HeatherL » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Thanks for the advice Tamlee. I've decided that once I've got used to this new eating routine then I'll have another go. I'll pm you when I do.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby tamlee » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Great idea Heather :)
[/url]
tamlee

Return to Introductions