It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi to all forum users, I'm a newbie :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi to all forum users, I'm a newbie :)

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this whole weight loss business. I've always thought about losing weight and doing something about it but have never seriously stuck to a diet for longer than a week :(. I have problems with emotional eating, whenever something bad happens or I feel any emotion really (boredom, anger, sadness I binge :roll: ). I want to break this cycle and lose the weight for good.

Anyway, I'm 22 years old, a uni student in my last year and I weigh 75kgs. I need to lose 15kgs.

Well thanks for reading. I look forward to contributing on this forum.
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Hey!!!! Welcome

I am also 22 :) and have trouble sticking to diets ha ha

I aim to lose 24kgs hehe as i am at 88.5kgs atm :(

If you ever feel like a chat or support or watever, I am here.

We can start this together.

Try eating smaller sized meals, that's where I got lost hehe

Rach
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Hi HappyBella

Postby esoteric » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:50 pm

I new here too, you came to the right place, its seems a really great bunch. I actually have lots to lose. :wink:

If you need anything just give me a holler. I am quite sure there are many members here more than willing to do the same.

esoteric

Postby milkyway » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Hiya Bella and welcome to the forum :)

Try not to think of it so much as a diet but rather, making lifestyle changes. And start with small goals and rather than making big sweeping changes all at once, just introduce one healthy change at a time, such as week one, drinking 2l of water per day, week two, 30 mins walking 5 times per week, week 3 no mackers... whatever floats your boat! Small steps make a lot of progress, rather than throwing in the towel when it gets too hard and feeling like a failure.

All the best!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:53 pm

welcome to the group bella i am 22 too :) i am looking forward to reading your contributions to the forum :) sing out if you need anything. you said you are an emotional eater. have you tried doing a food diary and an emotions/thoughts diary? this might help you work out your triggers and find ways to combat the urges to eat when you feel a certain way.
best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi guys, thank you all for your very warm welcome. You have made me feel special *hugs to all*.

I'll address each of your post individually:

Oostevens - Thanks for that tip with eating smaller portions. I'm more of a grazer I tend to eat all day long (whether I'm hungry or not) and it's usually bad food hence the weight gain. Would love to support each other :)

Esoteric - considering the replies and wonderful welcoming I've had, I have to agree with you- there seem to be a bunch on nice people here on this forum. I've lurked on and off all day today reading the post. People on here seem to know what they are on about which is great.

Milkyway - Thank you for that invaluable advice. You seem to know what you are talking about. I will take your advice on board. I'm the type of person that has the mindset of all or nothing - I guess that's were the binges come to play. Your suggestion of taking small steps and cutting out gradually all the bad food sounds like it is doable.

Kate - If I have any questions I'm sure to sing out and I'm sure I will as I have lots to ask. Your suggestion of starting a food/emotional dairy sounds great. I can write down my feelings before feeding them. That's what I need to acknowledge.

Thanks again guys for your welcome and great tips.
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi bella and welcome to the forum! Good on you for being honest with yourself and try not to kick yourself too much, we all fall off the wagon occasionally so all those times you've stopped can be seen as just learning experiences.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions