It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

Howdy do

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Howdy do

Postby cometcupid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:14 pm

My name is El, I am 22 and I am writing here to introduce myself to yuor lovely community.

I am currently 89 kilograms (thereabouts), down from 108. I am doing Sureslim and the program is working for me fantastically, but I am also finding that over the last month I have been breaking the rules a lot more than usual, and fluctuating about 3kg over the last 5 weeks because I've been so slack. I really need to get back into it before I give up like every other time I've tried.

I'm terrible with exercising so that is my next big aim. I have lost most of my weight without doing any exercise at all.

I am also a recovering bulimic. Sometimes it's a pattern that is hard to resist, however I know just how dangerous and ineffective that life is and am seeking help through a lovely psychologist to get that under control.

I am seeking motivation, and feel that talking and reading your posts on this forum will be a fantastic way to go. I love making new friends and would love to share stories with you.

I'm half way through my goal. When I stand on those scales at 68kg, I can't even imagine what my life is going to be like.

Look forward to talking with you all
:)
El
cometcupid

Postby JODI C » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi El,
Jodi from melb here welcome im new with this also!! Congrats on the weight you have alredy lost. I have only just started trying to lose weight I did it about 3 years ago with WW and it worked a treat for me but it seems my weight is creeping back up on me :oops:
So now it's time to get serious and get rid of it for good. I also have a lack of motivation to exercise (and a lack of time) so your not alone there!!
Look forward to hearing from you soon
Good Luck
I will succeed!! I really can do it!!
JODI C

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi El and welcome to the forum! Good on you for getting past the bulimia. Let's hope you have the wherewithal to never go back there!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 pm

HI el welcome to the group :) thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, its always helpful to know where people are coming from with their own struggles because sometimes some of us can relate to certain things and the biggest thing we all relate to is wanting to become happier and healthier :) best wishes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 pm

hi el,

i too am 22 and weigh around 88/89.

I struggle with motivation, but have already seen a change since i joined this forum

It is the best thing that has happened to me weightloss wise.

I can already tell that I am going to succeed this time because of the great people here and awesome topics and challenges.

For example, i barely drink water, if i am lucky i drink maybe 375ml a day. But today, i drank 1.5L and i have these forums to thank. They motivated me and the people motivated me to complete my daily pledge and i did it :) I am over the moon (speaking of moons did u know there is a luna eclipse tonight? a blood moon hehe).

I hope you enjoy it here and thanks heaps for sharing, i know how hard it is to be open with people, but its definitely for the best, as said in earlier posts, it can help others and also motivate others.

Best luck :)

I am always here for a chat :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Hello El and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your loss to date and I wish you all the best on your continued journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Welcome

Postby esoteric » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:46 am

Hello and welcome,

I am new here too, about the same weight and I struggle with bulima from time to time, its the purging that gets me to that point like I can never eat enough. I don't know how to overcome that eat until you want to drop feeling yet but I am working on changing it to healthy foods so I don't make myself sick.

I never mentioned this to anyone but you sound like you can really help alot and in turn find the motivation that is needed to keep going.

Hope to find you around on the boards. Love, Sara

esoteric

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:24 am

hiya El and welcome aboard. Good on you for getting your bulimia under control. I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions