It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

hello everybody

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello everybody

Postby redfarrah » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:54 pm

hi im new and i just wanted to tell someone about the last few weeks. about 6 weeks ago i decided to be vegetarian for ethical reasons. i also stopped eating dairy and eggs. in the last month i have lost at least a kilo per week without even trying!i am amazed at the lack of effort. i dont exercise any more than usual.the down side is it is hard to give up the things i loved CHEESE mainly. i have cheated a few times too(Baskin and robbins and pizza) which i feel quite guilty about, but cutting meat out of my diet and replacing it with legumes and mushrooms is great. also im a bit of a latte addict but i have gotten used to and actually enjoy the soy version now. if youre interested in what made me stop and think more about food choices watch the video "meet your meat" it is one of the least disturbing clips. next on the agenda- quit smoking....
redfarrah

Postby redfarrah » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:02 pm

its on you tube by the way
redfarrah

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:56 pm

HI redfarrah welcome to the group :) thats great that you have found something that works for you. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 am

Hi redfarrah,

Welcome and thanks for that friendly information. I am trying to cut back on all things that are not "food as grown". Sara

esoteric

Postby redfarrah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:37 pm

sara do you have any recipes to swap???
redfarrah

Postby esoteric » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:44 pm

Well I let my husband make the food for me, he was a chef in a resort and loves cooking. Me on the other hand I hate cooking and will feed others bread and whatever I find in the fridge. lol

I want to start up with my rabbit diet, just fresh veggies and fruit.

He makes a great cabbage soup, we cut and slice the cabbage up, stick it in smaller bags cuz I get sick of eating the same thing day in and out, he boils it in a broth with other herbs. I'm not sure what he puts in it. I guess I have to sit and watch one day.

esoteric

Postby esoteric » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:49 pm

I do have a book with many great recipes, let me know what you would like, soups, entrees, sauces, dressings. I can get the recipes back to you, they are from the Pritkin diet.

esoteric

Return to Introductions