It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am

Free Newsletter

Well Hello Sporty - Tell us about you! Ok.........

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Well Hello Sporty - Tell us about you! Ok.........

Postby sporty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:33 am

Sorry for the cheesy subject - I didn't quite no what to put.

I wanted to give my introduction and say I look forward to getting to know everyone on the board and looking forward to being able to share in their weightloss journey.

I am 31, marrried to a wonderful man, have 4 beautiful children from age 9, 7, 2 1/2 and 7 months old. WE live in Cumming, Georgia, USA. Been here most of my life and was a farmer's daughter! LOL

I am here to lose weight and pack on some muscle. I am tired of being fat and feeling depressed. Now I am mad and ready to attack it!! I know I can do it and I am very bound and determined.

Right now I am around 31% BF and I want to be around 12-15 % as I am very short and that is ideal for me. I once was a size 2 so I am determined to be there again! :-)

Some hobbies of mine:

I play tennis twice a week and captain a womens team here in Georgia. I love UGA Football and I cant wait until the games start on saturday!! Goooo dawgs!!

Anyways that is me - I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Thanks
I put on makeup and shaved my legs for this?
sporty

Postby sporty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:36 am

Ps... Can I be here even though I am not from aussie?
sporty

Postby charlimc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 pm

Hello Sporty,

Of course you can be here this is for support for anyone who wants to lose weight, i havnt been on here very long myself but i am finsing it very good. meeting up with a girl next week from here to do walking together :) basically ill just share with you my form of losing weight which i am having success with for almost 4 weeks i have been on a 1200 eating plan and i have lost 5 kg so far thats without exercise, so imagine how much better i would have done with exercise aswell. My eating plan cosists of small portion meals with snacks of fruit, nuts, yoghurt etc in between the meals to keep my motabolism going and to keep me energised throughout the day. I make sure i eat my last meal a few hours before i go to bed, giving it enough time to digest through my body before i go to sleep. You can have alot of nice food you dnt have to feel like your being deprived of everything. Just maily potion size, how u cook it, not using butter on your toast.. things like that really help. Drinking losts of water at least 2L a day will keep you hydrated and flushed. Sometimes when you feel that you are really hungry you are accually really just thirsty and drinking plenty of water can keep you quite full. They say to lose 1/2 kg you should burn 3500 calories more than you take in, so doing exercise with a healthy eating plan will have alot of success, i must say that i have been slack on the exercise part of it i could only imagine how much more weight i would have lost doing exercise. Things like walking 1 mile you can burn around 100 cal, same with skipping fast for 10 mins 100 cal..... just keeping motivated and moving throughout the day will burn calories.. sleeping a nites sleep you burn about 70 cal.

Hope i have been of some help with the information that i have that works well.

Charli
Charli x
charlimc

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Sporty and welcome! You're not the only person on here who's not from Aus - we're starting to become truly international!

Sounds like you're determined to make a change for the better, so good for you! Be sure to set yourself small achievable goals to keep that motivation going even when the going is tough and I'm sure you will get there!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:13 pm

of course you can be here lol.. its not where you are from that matters, its that we all have the same thing in mind! WEIGHTLOSS! lol

good luck on your journey!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:10 pm

welcome to the group sporty. you would be stoked about the current US open tennis round i bet! i have a good friend that lives in Augusta Georgia :)

sing out if you need anything and best wishes for your weightloss journey- its great to have another foreigner on board :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Sporty and welcome to the forum :) Great to have another non-Aussie on board!

My husband wants to get into tennis this spring. Can't wait!

I went to Atlanta back in the summer of 95. I had a blast. Saw so many contrasts... wandered two blocks away from my hostel in the wrong direction and found myself in a crack neighbourhood :shock: with people smoking in doorways and stuff. Didn't pay much attention to me thanks goodness. Two blocks the other way, big beautiful houses!

There were some wicked storms too and I saw lightening shooting horizontally up the street and one of those clothing bins get hit by lightening in a big ball of light! Very exciting stuff for me. I was dry one second and literally drenched the next.

The people were sooo friendly from the moment I got off the bus. I had an enormous backpack on and everyone wanted to know 'Where y'all going with that backpack' - even the police :D It was like everyone said hello as they passed. It was great!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Sporty and welcome!

This forum is fantastic for weight loss because the people here are so helpful, kind and accepting.

Whatever your problem or question, someone here will have an answer for you, so dont be shy! We are all here for the same reason and I hope you find this site helpful with your weight loss journey!

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi Sport and welcome to the group.

We welcome everyone and love our international members just as much. :D

All the best on you fat loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby sporty » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:27 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I have a personal trainer helping me with my workouts and my diet... just to get me going for four weeks then I am on my own.

Milky I had to laugh so hard at your visit at Atlanta. That sums up our city in a nut shell. Go one way your in the crack town about to get shot, go the other way and it is absollutely beautiful. And the storms here are just weird... Can pour one minute, sun shinning the next... And very humid.

I am not sure how much 5kg's are but WTG on your weight loss Char... We have pounds here so I am dumb when it comes to the KG's. LOL

And Kate - one of my dreams is to actually attend the US OPEN... in person. I hope to some day. You hubby will love it when he picks the sport up. It is my passion :D

Thanks to everyone again for the welcome! I look forward to the journey with you!
Traci
sporty

Postby lng86 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:07 pm

I actually grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. We moved there for my dad's work. I have such fantastic childhood memories because of that experience. There's nothing more beautiful than a white Christmas!!!

Best of luck with your weightloss journey. Everyone here is very supportive... So just ask if you have any questions!

-Lauren

P.S. 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi sporty :D
As the others have said, we welcome anyone and everyone, welcome aboard love :) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby esoteric » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi Sporty,

I am the other foreigner here too, I'm living in Egypt now, have been for the past 11 years. I also come from the states, from Colorado, I do miss the weather and the mountains, hope to go back soon.

I guess you came here before me, I didn't make much of an introduction but I have started posting. Really this is a great bunch of people. I thought the same thing, maybe this is for Australia only and started to check into other sites found it not so motivating or uplifting so I decided to post my pic and put my heels in. Welcome from another newbie and hope to see ya around.

Sara

esoteric

Postby Chelle » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:33 pm

Welcome Traci to the forum, deffinately we have plenty of people from all different part's of the world, eveyone on here are really nice & very supportive goodluck with your weightloss journey.
Chelle

Return to Introductions