It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:23 am

Free Newsletter

Want to look like a "babe" :lol:

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Want to look like a "babe" :lol:

Postby futurebabe » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:31 pm

I've been working out for the past 3 weeks and have only just started tracking weight loss (1kg). However, I don't think my scale is quite accurate as my clothes have already loosened to indicate more than 1kg loss.
I'll have to take measurements!

So what are my goals?

1. Eat well and as natural as possible (fresh is best, i think! The more nutrients, the better my immunity)

2. Exercise daily - my current exercise regime consists of visits to the gym, which I love because I cut myself off from daily stresses and take it out on the cardio equipment :shock:

3. Rest - ensure enough sleep and time out in order to eliminate any chance of burn out

4. Focus - it's all in the mind

5. Outcome - I want to look leaner, toned, "roll free", feel good and be able to wear beautiful clothes without having to readjust myself all the time! I'm tired of feeling self conscious.

6. I want my boyfriend to tell me that I look "Hot"! :D
Well....doesn't every girl want her man to look at her with that "look"? :)

I'm turning 30 this month and I want to start the new decade positively. I'm currently 108kg, so my first weight goal is to get under 100kg! I'd like to achieve this first goal by 1st October 2007!

Oh, I also gave up smoking 3.5 weeks ago so I'm finding that I have an extra sweet tooth now which is part of my struggle at the moment.

The journey begins......

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:47 pm

futurebabe, welcome to the group, best wishes for your weightloss, i am sure you will achieve great things. sing out if you need anything :)

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm sure you are already a babe... But you'll be able to see it for yourself soon enough!

Best wishes,
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi futurebabe and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Futurebabe and welcome aboard.

Some great goals there. Stay focused and strong and you will be the hot babe you want to be.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:29 pm

oh and re: the smoking thing hun, try keeping your hands occupied at all times, sip water from a bottle, hold a skinny latte... i used to smoke, but believe me, your clothes, your lungs, your teeth, your skin and the people around you will thank you for quitting :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby tellejay » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:42 pm

oooh i gave up smoking a month ago for 3 weeks chuckle and all i ate was chocolate otherwise id sit there and cry it was awful but i have decided when i dicipline myself enough to eat the right foods is when ill give up but great going on your part i wish you the best of luck on your journey really well done!! :)
Weight Loss Tickers [url=]

Postby futurebabe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:03 pm

Thanks everyone for your support - it really does make a difference :D

I have been sick with the flu for the past week, so I haven't been able to exercise at the gym. For that reason, I am not weighing in this week, I know I will be disappointed with no loss, as I have been sick and generally not moving very much!

I was just reading Who Magazine, and there is a story on The Biggest Loser contestants putting the kg's back on.....could it be that the Biggest Loser House is unrealistsic? Of course! - ie. they are put in a house where the only thing that they need to worry about is calorie counting and exercising....of course they are going to lose weight!!!...BUT, put them back in the real world and suddenly they have so many more issues to deal with on a day to day basis!....on top of that they would be feeling social pressure to maintain the loss. They could not possibly maintain their exercise routines back in the real world....4 hours a day???
However, they should be commended on such great efforts and the loss that they made on the show.....I'd love to have that opportunity of exercising all day and focusing only on weight loss....not work, mortgage, relationships etc..... :|

As for my kicking the habit of smoking - I'm glad to say that it has now been over a month since my last cigarette, and I have managed to make it through the greatest tests....being around friends that I usually smoke with and drinking wine without a cigarette.
The downfall is that I am CRAVING CHOCOLATE and sweets in the afternoons - so I do allow a small piece of chocolate or skim mocha to combat the problem - for now, I'd rather be smoke free and eat a small piece of choc, than light up again.
So this weeks task is to minimise and eliminate the sweet tooth by drinking tea when I have those cravings. :idea:

16 days till my 30th! I'm aiming for a minimum 4kg loss!

One great thing about the end of a week is that the new week is just beginning and it feels like a fresh start with reborn energy and motivation.....although it's discipline that will get us there :D

Here's to a great week :mrgreen:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am

wow your 30th! thats exciting :) are you doing anything special for it? i am a massive chocolate fan. you should try the jarrah hot chocolattes. theyre low fat and frothy and good if you are craving a choccie!

Sugar cravings!

Postby futurebabe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Still not smoking which is great because I can breathe freely every morning!
The only problem I am having is sugar and chocolate!...the problem is that I keep eating them...which is funny because when I did smoke, I rarely ate sweets!!....
I had my 30th bash on Saturday night (though I'm not 30 until the 25th Sept) - I looked back at the photos and I look so terrible!!!'s great motivation - ugly photos!...I look so large next to my boyfriend!....Hope everyone is doing well :D

Kate, I am going to try the Jarrah this week...thanks for the idea!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:23 pm

let us know what you think of the jarrahs! and...

Postby help6363 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:51 pm

Hello and welcome :D

Postby chubba momma » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 pm

Weclome an dcongrats on giving up smoking! wahoo1 Hope you have a great birthday!
chubba momma

Return to Introductions