It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi There from the Sunshine Coast

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi There from the Sunshine Coast

Postby mitch5 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi there I have just found this web site in another attempt to try and find what is out there to assist me in losing weight. Well I can only look although I know that what it takes is to decrease food intake in increase excerise as I am a life time member with Weight Watchers, used to Manager a Jenny Craig store and have tried nearly ever diet know to man as well as take a pill or to. My story is I'm 41 have 3 children have moved interstate more times that I can tell you have recently moved yet again after closing my scrapbooking shop and are in the process of working out what my future holds. I'm passionate about being a stay at home mum even with my baby being 3 and are looking at different ways at generating an income so I can continue doing this.

Somehow in between several interstate moves over the last 7 years I have found nearly 10 kilos lying around and no matter what I have done cannot seem to move them. I believe in my heart that I just need to eat less and exercise more but know that what really helps is being accountable.

I'm really looking forward to finding out about this forum and if there is a weigh in etc. Can someone please tell me how you get those weight counters at the bottom of people's email and then how to link it to your email please?

I really want to lose a realistic amount of 5 kilos by Christmas and then another 5 by the middle of next year of course sooner would be better but hey I only ever lose about .5 a month. Also is there an online food and exercise counter I find that I always start out good writing it down but never get around to adding it up.

Thankyou so much and have a fantastic week. I'm so over having a tyre around my waist and are really hoping and praying that I will be about to move it. Thanks again Julia
mitch5

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:09 pm

hey julia welcome to the group :) there are a few of us mums here and a few of us who scrapbook! best wishes for your weightloss journey, im sure you can achieve your goals with dedication and support :) best wishes

p.s. heres the link to doing a ticker:

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Julia and welcome to the forum! This forum has a food and exercise diary if that's what you mean - where you can write down what you ate and did for all the world to see and keep you accountable!! It sounds like you have the knowledge, now it's time to put it into practice!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Thankyou

Postby mitch5 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome knowledge sometimes can be your worst enemy as you forgot the basics. Just wondering how I link the tiker to the end of your messages and also have you brought any product from calorieking? I created a ticker but can't find the url to copy and paste. Oh well maybe I'm not meant to but thought it would be good to see a visual all the time. Thanks again. Julia[/url]
mitch5

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:26 pm

hey julia it confuses me too hehe

head into the PROFILE section on the forum and in the signature box is where you post the ticker link. the code should look something like this:

calorieking.com.au is usually free to sign up to and i just use it online. some people here from the forum have actually brought the software for their computers though.
Last edited by kate_turner2000 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kate_turner2000

Trying to see if the link work

Postby mitch5 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks for your help thought I would send through message to see if the link works. I managed to do a photo on the side!!! Guess everytime I look at it I can imagine me with less chins!!
mitch5

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi Julia and welcome aboard.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions