It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm new!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm new!

Postby yellowroses » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi there everyone!

I'm 18 years old. I weigh 97kgs and am 166cm tall and my goal weight is 65 - 69kgs which will get me into a healthy weight range. I have only just started realising that I am overweight and that I need to do something about it otherwise I could die. My uncle died when he was 30 because he was obese and I dont want to be like him, it's scaring me a lot.

I'm attempting the weight watchers points diet because I tried it before and I lost 20kgs (this was about 2 years ago). I can't do a lot of excercises because I have a severe case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and it prevents me from doing extreme exercises including running, jumping, weights, pulling or pushing. However I can walk, swim(I think, I havent done it since I've been diagnosed), and cycle(again, I think). I also have to cut out a lot of fruits and vegetables because of the fibre levels, seeds or acidity levels. It's also hard because I'm the youngest in the family and have no control over the food that is put into the household and what is cooked.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting motivated. My fiancee keeps saying that he loves me just the way I am and refuses to help keep me disciplined when it comes to food, but does attempt to get me active although I just cant get motivated enough to actually exercise. I feel fatigued and disgusting and don't want to go outside. I quit my job because I feel so ashamed of myself, and now I just stay up all night, sleep until late in the day, eat and watch TV.

I don't know what to do with myself. I need motivation and support, I know that much, and I'm hoping that will be enough for me to start me on the right track. Any tips or tricks or anecdotes would be awesomely helpful.

Cheers.
YR. :)
yellowroses

Postby madeline » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Welcome to the forum hun. Wow you're engaged already, lucky girl :D Good on you for wanting to do something about your weight. I'd suggest diet changes first... and then when you're feeling confident, maybe joining a gym so you can exercise in private so you don't have to be embarrassed. The people on this forum are really nice, don't be afraid to ask, or rant (hehe) about anything.

Love Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:53 am

hehe i was engaged at 19 :) welcome to the group yellow roses :) sorry to hear about your uncle but it seems like thats a good turning point for you to do something about your own struggles with your weight.

it sounds like you are really lacking confidence but i think that once you start making great decisions with food and exercise and the weight starts to come off you will feel better for it. you will feel your confidence growing.

weightloss is hard theres no doubt about it and even though i have had my fiance support me in everything i still need to do this for MYSELF and no one else. just explain to your fiance that you would like his support but you are going to do this with or without his support- you always have us!

its hard when you cant control what food is being put in front of you. maybe if you have some cash you can go and buy lots of healthy snacks and keep them in the house for when you are peckish. or when a plate of food is put in front of you for meals, you should halve the portions. maybe offer to do the cooking or the grocery shopping?

best wishes and sing out if you need anything :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:15 am

welcome to the forum! Have you spoken to your family and fiance about your health worries and your reasons for wanting to lose weight? Maybe they just don't know about the risks etc.

Irritable Bowel definitely will make your challenge a but more interesting, but there are still many ways that you can get around it - you've already mentioned the exercises you can do and it may help, as Kate said, to simply reduce the serving sizes of the foods you CAn eat!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:49 am

woot :)

i was 20 when i got engaged (but only just) hehe

its great to have someone there by your side through it all, my husband also recons i ain't fat and that i look good, but i know he is just saying that :P i mean i know i am overweight but he would never say it hehe nah its great u have a man by your side to help you through and to support you :) love is great

I am also trying to lose weight, i think we have the same goal weight yay for us

good luck with it all mate :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Yellowrose, congrat's on the engagement, how long have you been engaged for?? I was engaged when I was 17, bought a house, got married when I was 5 month's preggas & had my first bub's when I was 18. Having I.B.S will make it harder for you to exercise but there are plenty of other thing's that you can do to get the weight off, & you can exercises without overdoing it, Can your partner or a friend start walking with you you could probly put some light hand weight's or ankle weight's for that extra impact. If you can think that you can do a certain type of exercise than give it a go. You could talk to your doctor or a nutritionist to see what your limit's are. Also drink lot's of water & get your eating back on tract. You have lost 20Kg before you can do it again. Keep comming back to this forum, everyone on here are really nice & very supportive. Goodluck with your weightloss journey.
Chelle

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Yellow Roses and welcome to the group.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yellowroses » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks so much guys for all your support! I had a really low day today where I've been binging a bit, but I came here and you lifted my spirits!

I went for my first walk yesterday. Just around the block, and I felt like I'd really achieved something. :)
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby oostevens » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:51 pm

You have :) its the first decision to start and the first step towards your goal that says achievement :)

you'll be there in no time, seriously, i thought i couldnt lose weight, i joined here and look at me, i have lost 2kgs so far, prolly more (will know tomorrow) and this is week 2 :)

no matter what just make urself do the exercises and eat right, eventually it will become habit and u will feel crap when you dont do it he he

good luck matey :) you can do it :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Return to Introductions