It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey all

Postby trox » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Well, i guess i should start off with abit of information about myself. XD

Well, i've been a big person my whole life, ever since i was about four years old, when i was 10 years old i weighed 120kg, i know, that's alot, specially for a 10 year old, i tried everything, i got upto 150kg when i was 15, which i am right now, but i started to go to the gym everyday for 4months, i'm down to 120kg again, it's really emotional, but i am just finding i lack encouragement.

My mother has been beside me the whole time, so it's emotional for her too.

I'm 15 now, and as i look at my past, being an obese child, i see that because of what i did to myself, my childhood was completely ruined.

And please don't take it as i want pity, cause that's not what im asking for lol, i'm just saying that no matter what age you are, you can lose weight, you don't have to spend heaps and heaps of money, just take some self controll.
trox

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:17 am

hey trox welcome to the group! wow you have faced some battles during your life thus far with your weight but i am sure you are going to lose that weight as you have heaps of support :) great!! i never pity overweight/obese people, i have the mindframe that we can all support each other and turn this into a positive to do something about our health :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:21 am

hey trox and welcome! i can imagine it must have been very hard as a child at your weight (I was teased for being fat at a kid too so I know how horrible other kids can be). But the last laugh is on you because you are now doing something that is difficult and requires you to take a great deal of control of your life and in dong so you are going to learn a lot!

Well done on losing the 30kg that you have so far! that's a fantastic achievement. You will definitely get support on this forum - there are a few other people on here around your age (and a few a couple years older too) so you're not alone!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 am

Hey Trox, people here are very encouraging. I really hope you can get down to a weight you're happy with. You're still young and have many more days ahead of you, many more dreams and ambitions. Whatever they are, be they weightloss or studies, I'll cheer you along! :)
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:54 am

Hello Trox and welcome to the forum.

That is great that you are working on reducing your weight and becoming healthier. I also think it is good to work on this now and get used to as many good habits as you can at an early age.

Fantastic that your mother is supporting you as it is a struggle and a hard journey.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey and healthier life. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

thankyou

Postby trox » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Thankyou's all so much, you don't know how much it means to me to have people i can talk to, about my weight, and not get teased or bullied. My weight goal at the moment is 100, but after i get to that, my end goal will be 85.

I will come back daily to report on my weight loss, and eventually with the kind word of encouragement, i'll be at my 85.
trox

Postby ali » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Hey trox! Welcome to the forum! Ive found this site so helpful with my weight loss journey, im learning so much and the people here are great.

I know what you mean about not having ppl to talk to you about your weight. My whole life I have been surrounded by skinny ppl, friends and family, and none of them understand what its like to struggle with weight and try and lose it, or with emotional eating.

This site is great, no matter what you want to say, there is always someone here who will have an answer/words of encouragement, etc!

Good luck and congrats on the loss so far, thats fantastic! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Re: thankyou

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm

trox wrote:Thankyou's all so much, you don't know how much it means to me to have people i can talk to, about my weight, and not get teased or bullied. My weight goal at the moment is 100, but after i get to that, my end goal will be 85.

I will come back daily to report on my weight loss, and eventually with the kind word of encouragement, i'll be at my 85.

cant wait to read about your progress over time trox :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Introductions