It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:40 am

Free Newsletter

New, from Perth...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New, from Perth...

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi.. Im a 21 year old from perth, im in desperate help to shed some kg's.. i did weight watchers last year and lost 20kg, but i got sick and had surgery and since then ive put on about 12kg and cant get rid of it. i feel like im suffocating in my skin . i never wanted to go backwards. ever since i had surgery im always hungry.. ALWAYS and i feel as if my insides are going stupid, and i have no motorvation.. but now all the health probs are kicking in and i hate it.. i dont want to go back... i need help big time....

someone.. everyone, please help me help myslef.. i want to do this!

thank you for having this forum... lots!!!

Thanks
Miss B

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:07 am

welcome Ms B . This is a great place for help and motivation . The people in this forum are exellent motivators and all around great people. They have helped me heaps . I have been here for two months and have lost more weight then i have for 12mths . Hope to see u around the boards
cheers jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Re: New, from Perth...

Postby Maraver » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:05 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi.. Im a 21 year old from perth, im in desperate help to shed some kg's.. i did weight watchers last year and lost 20kg, but i got sick and had surgery and since then ive put on about 12kg and cant get rid of it. i feel like im suffocating in my skin . i never wanted to go backwards. ever since i had surgery im always hungry.. ALWAYS and i feel as if my insides are going stupid, and i have no motorvation.. but now all the health probs are kicking in and i hate it.. i dont want to go back... i need help big time....

someone.. everyone, please help me help myslef.. i want to do this!

thank you for having this forum... lots!!!

Thanks

and than you for joining
we are all trying really hard
so you will find all the help and shoulders to cry on here
Look forward to seeing you on the forum
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Collette » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:00 am

hey Miss B,

I found a few things helped for me with them hunger pangs, it may not work for you but it might? If you drink 8 oz of water when your hungry it can help a lot because it fills the tummy BUT also because it helps with weight loss, I think they recommend an average of 8 glasses of water a day, also before meals have a glass of water. But I also found out that if you have something small about 20 minutes before meals (like a qauter apple or carrot etc) by the time meal time comes you don't eat so much and feel full faster! I think i read somewhere that it's because when that first thing was eaten 20 minutes before hand the body starts sending it's signals to the rest of the body and then the stomach will think it's being filled even though it has as yet... I am not sure, actually i'm positive i have not explained that well but at times i'm not very good with words. The good thing is that your body still takes what it needs it just has a cut off point, over eating is a major problem with a lot of people they continue to eat because they don't want to leave anythng on their plates (I have had that problem for the past 18 months)

I use to have a problem with feeling hungry in between meals, The best thing you can do is to have something healthy like a carrot or apple, grapefruit,celery etc Do you eat alot of bread, potato chips, rice and pastas? and when you feel hungry what do you normally eat? I would suggest not eating breads, potato chips and pastas because Carb foods will make you feel full for a short time but you will feel hungry and want to eat again. I had a friend who did this, She would eat alot of 'crisps' and toast when she was hungry and she would complain she was always hungry she gained alot of weight due to it. Chewing gum however has different effects for different people, Some have told me that it helped them when they were feeling hungry in between meals and others (like my self) think that make them more hungry. They are low in calories so that could be an option?? some I have known also Have brought cheap lolly pops and when they felt hungry would suck on one just so they felt satisfied but limiting to only 2 a day but if you want to give that one a try I would suggest looking at the packaging and choosing the least calorie ones....

I know this might be a no-no but have you tried Herbal/natural products to help suppress the hunger? They don't always work, some do however if you think this might be a option for you, I would suugest talking to someone in the herbal stores they should be able to push you in the right direction.

I'm not sure if i've helped But i'm really hoping so!!

Colly

Feel free to email/msn me :)
Collette

Return to Introductions