It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

I want to lose my excess weight!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I want to lose my excess weight!

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi guys! I really need to lose about 10 kilo so i can keep my job - im not allowed to be overweight or ill get the kicK! So I know im a late starter but im really motivated (as you would expect!)

Another motivator is that my wedding is in October and my new years resolution was to be a size 10 for my dress.

My goal my March is to weigh 69kg

I currently weigh 76 :( and slowly increasing so i gotta stop it now!

Unfortunately it is my 21st birthday tomorrow and then on Saturday im going out to dinner! Ah well, see how we go.

Anyone looking to shape up their tummy, i have a really good excercise you can do:

Start with a 2kg medicine ball (heavy ball you will find in the gym). Get into a situp position on the floor, feet against the wall. Hold the ball with both hands behind your head. As you raise into the situp, bring the ball over your head and throw it at the wall in front. Then catch the ball and return to the position you started in. This is a great exercise for the abs and the arms.

Catchya all l8r! J xoxoxo
Jenni

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi Jenni,
Welcome on board! Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

that exercise sounds like a winner (maybe not for your wall, but definitely for your abs!!! LOL) Thanks for the tip! and you're never too late to join, you can just adjust your end date to be 12 weeks from now.

Cheers, Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Its a work in progress

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Gday, thank you for your reply! i accidently posting it as a whole new topic! whoops!

I work in the military. So im reasonably fit, but my body just doesnt want to cooperate - maybe it has something to do with the cheese and bickies i tend to indulge in!?

Basically i have to weigh 65kg to be of a moderate weight range (according to the BMI). If im over this weight in October this year, i then have another three months to lose the weight, failing that ill be looking for another job. Good thing is, here i have access to a fabulous gym and lots of exercise equipment. We also have free fitness experts so that comes in handy.

I think my main problem is the food. Im a fan of food and so does hubby, ofcoarse he's one of these blokes who can eat a kilo steak and still have a plasterboard stomach!
Jenni

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:35 pm

hmmm, the cheese and bikkies would definitely not be helping - not that you have to give them up completely, just not as often and maybe try switching to low fat cheese? Have a look at the food and exercise diaries -recording what you eat can help identify where you might be having trouble.

Oh and good work on the ticker, just a tip, if you register and create a profile, you can baste the "bb code" in to the signatures section so that yoour ticker will come up on every message (as long as you're logged in)

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi Jenni, it's not fair that guys are able to eat 3 times what we eat in a day and still be at their ideal weight.

I think the bickies and cheese should definately be removed from the house if you can't stop at one, your goal is too important.
Dolly

Postby Carleyjt » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Hi there,
I am the same as you 76kg and want to get down to at least 10% of my bodyweight less which is about 68kgs. My problem is i also love food. I have been looking for ages for a website to help me out and now i have found it YAY!!! Good luck with everyone :D
Carleyjt

just testing

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:00 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:09 am

Hi Carley!
Good work on the ticker and welcome to the forum! If you register with the forum and log on each visit, you won't have that "guest" appear next to your name. Also, that will allow you to put your ticker in your profile so that it comes up each time you post!!

Hope to see you around!
Tegan

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Jenni » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi Carley - good to know someone who has the same goals as me!

I was actually 77.1 kg when i began the diet on Monday but I joined on the Friday before, so over the weekend i gained a heap of weight. But since Monday, im now down to 75.4kg!

YAY! Its working - its not the most pleasant thing in the world and i have struggled a little, but im getting there.

The military dont make the uniform skirts in anything more than a size 85 and im a size 90 - 95. So i need to drop weight so i can go an buy a skirt - this is my goal for the moment....

Also my wedding is in October and i bought a beautiful dress from HobNob which is strapless, only problem is my arms are a little flabby so i want that to dissapear before i wear it.

Good Luck!
Jenni

Postby carleyjt » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Jenni,

I have finally weighed myself (i dont have scales so i had to do it at the shops) and i am 75kg and i decided that 65 is my goal weight. I have cut my daily fat intake to under 30grams a day but i am finding it hard as i dont know fat totals of things such as avocado. potatoes, etc. My biggest problem area is my stomach as i have a child and i have been lazy when it comes to firming up. Congratulations on your wedding approaching. It must be so exciting. Hopefully together when can get you looking fabulous! Good luck :)
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Jenni » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Carley! Thanks for your reply. I bought this book called a "calorie counter" from the book store. It shows calories, fat and i think sodium in just about every food and i also have the weight watchers books that you can order online. Ive been on and off dieting for a while now so i basically dont use them anymore. I just know whats good and whats not.

Potatoes i rarely touch because they have alot of carbs in them. Health carbs which are good if you do a lot of exercise, but then if your dieting without exercise its not a good idea because the excess carbs that haven't been burned up will store in your hips! Bread is the same.

I LOVE Avocado! I eat it almost every day and yes it does have some carbs and fats in it but once again they're good fats. I usually have a couple of slices a day in my salad or spread on a salada.

There are some great recipies in the recipe section - the lentil burgers are the best ones ive tried so far....mmm yummy!

Ive also got a bub and during my pregnancy my muscles in my stomach separated leaving me with this sunken line down from my belly button. I do about 2 hours at the gym a day now and i incorporate about 15 minutes of situps and the like in there, hoping that my stomach will flatten! I always post my gym sessions in the exercise section so take a look!

Ah well, good luck! (I was down to 74.8 thismorning!)
Jenni

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi Carley,
if you click on the link to "home" at the top of the page, you will find a link to "food tables". Out wonderous admin, Scott, has created a database of all sorts of foods and their energy/fats/nutritional values!

Seperated ab muscles :shock: I knew there was a reason I didn't want kids.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby carleyjt » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Nooo...i love potatoes... i gave up chocolate so i can not give up those as well...oh well just means i have to go for an extra jog today :? Thanx for pointing out the food tables. Am off to check them out now
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi carley, I love them too. It's my opinion that no food should be banned - it just makes you want it more and most foods have some value to them. Potatoes are good in moderation. Rather than have the same amount of potatoes in a baked meal as my partner, I now only make potatoes for him and I have one or two pieces (usually 1/4 to 1/2 a medium size potato). That's about the only time I have potatoes except for a very rare jacket potato in which case I avoid all creamy toppings and cheeses and usually just use salt and pepper, some no-fat yoghurt and vegetable toppings. And I eat the skin in preference to the potato flesh (I never finish them, so what is left on my plate is potato flesh and topping rather than the healthy skin)

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Introductions