It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

just starting....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

just starting....

Postby chook81 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Have been reading the forum for the last few days and decided to join up to get some extra motivation.

I have never been very good with talking about myself, thats part of the problem, tend to keep things on the inside, but I guess i start with telling u all a little about myself.

I am 25 and havent had problems with my weight untill about two years ago. Before that I was always very healthy playing rep netball and rowing. But two years ago my mum passed away after a year long battle with breast cancer and I became resposible for my younger sisters. I dont think i really actually dealt with my own grief and forgot to look after myself. I then had some serious injuries, broken ankle and 2 DVTs and I guess you can say I started to eat instead of feel.

I am curreently 81kgs (was 68 before mum got sick) and at 180cm I know i am not too big but I just feel blah and unhealthy. I would love to get back to 72kgs and tone up and feel healthy and fit again. I know I can do it and I just need to get myself motivated.

I have the perfect motivator now, I am getting married to my best friend on the 15th of December and I would love to feel beautiful on the big day. I havent got long until the wedding I know but if i work hard and stay positive I think I can do it. I just need to make sure that when my emotions start getting the better of me instead of reaching for the choccie I get up and go for a walk! And I am not to feel guilty for doing something for me for a change.
Weight Loss Tickers [url=http://www.dietpillrating.com/weight-loss-tickers/]
[/url]
chook81

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi chook and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and I'm sorry to hear about your mum and the consequent responsibilities you had to assume. But it is good that you are getting back on track with your eating habits and I'm sure that your sisters will love having a big sis who sets such a great example!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:35 pm

hey chook welcome to the group :) looking forward to getting to know you whilst you are here :) i am sorry to hear about your mums passing, that must have been really awful - i know what its like to lose a parent :( however i reckon your mum would be very impressed that you are doing something about your health :) best wishes for your wedding, what a great motivator!
kate_turner2000

Postby chook81 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:54 pm

thanks guys, i am really looking forward to the next few months and staying positive.
Weight Loss Tickers [url=http://www.dietpillrating.com/weight-loss-tickers/]
[/url]
chook81

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:24 am

Hello Chook and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE