It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

My first day here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My first day here

Postby Gemini_Princess » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi, Im Annie. I found this place in my eternal search for the weightloss motivator of all motivators. Lost just over 10 kgs while watching the Biggest Loser but then allowed 6kgs to regain their place on my body ughhh .
I'm going to try again!! The hardest thing is that I constantly think "food" if that makes sense. I have decided that everytime I want to eat if its at home I'll try to bike it for a few minutes or at least read things her so im not opening the mouth and letting the food in lOL.
Committed to a 40 min beach walk each morning by promising my daughter to go with her. She jogs but I walk. I might jog one day too :) .Have done that 3 days in a row , about 3 kms. Each day I try to walk just 4 more beach houses than the day before, before walking home.
Thanks for listening to me :)
Gemini_Princess

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:15 pm

Goodluck with things and hope jogging comes soon, im doing the couch-5 plan to get things going.
cheers,deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby chubba momma » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Good luck with your journey :D well done on teh beach walks and im sure if you set your mind to it youu'll be jogging right there besdie her in no time :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:57 pm

welcome to the group annie :) the biggest loser definately inspires people to lose some weight. i am a member of adro's forum as well as this one :P i am sure you will relose that weight again and it sounds like you are a determined woman. sing out if you need anything :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Annie and welcome to the group.

Another Gemini, cool!

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Gemini_Princess » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.I'm determined to stay dedicated .I went walking in the rain along the beach today despite my offsider saying it was too cold and wet for her. It was freezing but I managed 30 minutes. Not the regular length walk but better than nothing and it was FREEZING!!
Best wishes to everyone on their journeys too.
Gemini_Princess

Postby Will68 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Welcome Gemini_Princess

I am new as well and looking for inspiration - I know exactly what you mean about obsessing about food. For me food fills the void for a short period and then I am trying to make up for the guilt I feel afterwards.

I need to find something else to fill the void (or find out what that void is).

Goodluck it sounds like your are on the right path.

:D
Will68

Welcome Gemini Princess

Postby futurebabe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:18 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

Firstly, I need to mention how lucky you are to be able to walk along the beach, taking in the fresh sea air, the ability to admire the beach houses and let the sand work as a scrub on your feet.
Though I can understand that the beach is not exactly ideal in the colder months. I used to live by the beach but am now about 15mins from it, and with Sydney traffic, there's no way to make it to the beach, walk, then be at work by 8am!

Congratulations on the loss that you made previously. You may feel disappointed that you have regained some of it but at least you know that you CAN do it and you did not regain more than you lost initially - so that should be some consolation. You WILL be able to reach your goal again :wink:

As for jogging, why not try with small bursts of jogs. eg start with 30 seconds, then take it back to a walk and when you have recovered try another burst and so on.....over time you can build up the bursts of jogging and eventually you will be able to run the entire distance. It won't happen in a couple of weeks, you will need to build up to it.

Best of luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQTmttk/]
[/url]
futurebabe

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Gemini_Princess » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Its inspiratonal reading the stories here. I was wondering now if I can bother everyone for some advise on the ticker scales people hae on the end of their posts. I folowed the link to the site and made a ticker but can't work out how to ge it to show. Any help appreciated :)
Gemini_Princess

Postby tamlee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:40 pm

Hello Annie Welcome to the forum :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:45 am

Gemini_Princess wrote:Its inspiratonal reading the stories here. I was wondering now if I can bother everyone for some advise on the ticker scales people hae on the end of their posts. I folowed the link to the site and made a ticker but can't work out how to ge it to show. Any help appreciated :)

check out this link it should help

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865
kate_turner2000

Postby Gemini_Princess » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Thank you. Will try that :D
Gemini_Princess

Return to Introductions