It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Free Newsletter

91 Kilos To Lose!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

91 Kilos To Lose!

Postby Goal Chaser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 am

Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to make contact with people in a similar position to myself - especially anyone that has a large amount of weight to lose. I need to lose a whopping 91kgs however have little support from family and friends. I come from a 'thin' family and have a beautiful thin husband :D and 2 gorgeous boys :D aged 1 & 2 who love me exactly as I am however this means that I don't have someone to give me the tough love when I need it in order to stay on track with the latest diet. My parents and friends aren't alot of help either and I really need to have contact with people who I can be perfectly frank with.

I look forward to 'meeting' some of you over the course of my journey and hope that you can provide me with the support and encouragement that I will need.
Goal Chaser

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! We're all pretty supportive and friendly and more than a little frank around here! Good on you for making the decision to become a healthier you! 91kg is a large goal so you may find it easier to break it down into smaller sub goals of say 5 or 10kg and give yourself a reward (maybe a new cd or a massage) when you reach your mini goals!

The key is in finding something that works for you that you can sustain for life!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:10 am

hey welcome to the group :) whether you have 1 or 100 kgs to lose we are all in the same boat and are very supportive :) best wishes and sing out if you need anything

Postby lng86 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:04 am

Hi there,

I had a total of 61.2kg to lose... Am down 20+kg already. Best wishes for your weightloss journey. If you have any questions - yell out. This forum is extremely supportive.

Good luck!

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Goal Chaser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks everyone for your support. I will post my results each Monday and we will see how I go. I will have to log on here when I feel the munchies hit. I am definately a 'boredom/stress/happy/sad' eater - any reason seems to be good enough! Luckily my health is yet to be affected just my looks which is bad enough, I am definately not the same person my husband met so many years ago. I would love to go back to that girl but will be happy with a same weight but slightly wrinklier verson.
Goal Chaser

Postby KimE » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello Goal Chaser and welcome aboard.

Best of luck with your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby slimmindown » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Its good to see that you are commiting to the weekly weigh in and we are all here to support you, I will have to loose 68 kg to get to my goal of 70 kg and am about half way there, so you can do it too. one day at a time and plan plan plan :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!

Return to Introductions