It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey, I'm new here.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey, I'm new here.

Postby Twilight28 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Hey there everyone a little bit about myself. My name is Michael and I currently reside in South Australia, I'm still in high school, not that far in, too be seriously worried about my education. I've been meaning to lose weight for a while, and I suppose I have had some success, my healthiest time of my life was when I was 82 kilos, which was a few months back. Since then I've gained a couple of kilos on. Meaning I'm nearly back where I started. It's been very difficult for me to go through high-school because of my weight and my cultural background (I'm Jordanian). My parents and family have always tried to support me in my weight loss goals, though it never happens. Seeing as my dad early yesterday said he'll try to support me in losing weight, but in the next 2 hours, when he finished grocery shopping he bought a pack of donuts and several pre-baked pizza bread. Extremely helpful.

My goal is to try to look the best I can before the Summer holidays, which are in 13 or so weeks. I have a whopping 20+kilos to lose. My goal by then is to have lost 10 kilos.

I've recently noticed that my body isn't the same as it used to be. I've now got gruesome stretch marks(which I previously had thought only pregnant women get) on my arms, upper thighs and side of my stomach. I really want to get rid of them. Which my parents are prepared to pay for, as a reward of losing weight. In any case. I'll be reporting back in Personal Progress once a week see how much weight I've lost. I will start recording my progress in 10 days.

It seems I'm pretty determined, however I seem to lose interest in everything right after 4 days and I need support to guide me through. That is why I came here, after a friend suggested it. I lose focus and when it seems I have failed I will go on a massive binge eating day which ultimately stops myself from doing any more exercise or dieting.

Well I hope now you know a little about me. I guess I'll get started. I just hopped on to the scaled and I weigh 86.7 kilos. Oh well more weight for me to lose.

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi michael and welcome to the forums
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby lng86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Michael. You seem so mature for your age!

Everyone is very supportive on this forum. I wish you the very best in your weightloss efforts. If you have any questions, yell out.

Best of luck,
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 pm

hey michael welcome to the group. i think your goal of 10 kgs in 13 weeks is definately achievable and when you head back to school in the new year i am sure that you will be at your goal weight. i can relate to your family not being very understanding of your goals and choices in losing weight, but we are really understanding and can relate to your issues with food and exercise. sing out if you need anything, and you said a friend recommended u so perhaps ask your mate to remind you to check in the forum often so you feel more accountable :)
best wishes and sing out if you need anything

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Michael and welcome to the fourm!! Have you spoken with your family about exactly what you need them to do to help you? Sounds like they want to help but maybe don't realise what it is they need to do (or not do in regards to the doughnuts)?It's quite common to lose your motivation and willpower a short way in, which is why you should take things slowly and one step at a time - it's much harder to maintain a complete lifestyle change than to maintain one or two changes per fortnight added gradually which then allows you to develop good new habits!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Michael and welcome to the group.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:51 am

good luck with it all :)

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby grugwashere » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Michael! welcome to the forum!! I think you have set yuourself a really good goal and it is achievable... you have definately come to the right place for support!
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Return to Introductions